Friday, June 1, 2007

Four for Friday

FOUR FOR FRIDAY

Q1 - Pictures : How do you feel about having your picture taken without your permission? For instance, if you were in a public setting—say a park or restaurant—and you noticed a stranger taking your picture, would you say something? I don't really like that idea. I hate my picture being taken. I'm not sure I'd say something, I would probably just try to move out of the area.

Q2 - Conservation: Do you follow municipal requests to conserve water during dry periods? Yes I do!

Q3 - Birthdays: According to the latest figures I could find, there are approximately 6,717,024,080 people living on planet Earth today (give or take a few hundred thousand). [Taking into consideration that there are 365 days in a year] approximately 18 million people share your birthday (I know, statistically speaking, not the best way of calculating the frequency of birthdays, but you get the point). How many people do you know who share your birthday? I think I have come only come across 2 people that share my birthday & maybe 1 or 2 more that had a relative with my bday.

Q4 - Kevorkian Schmavorkian?: Jack Kevorkian will be released from jail today after serving more than eight years of a 10- to 25-year sentence in the assisted death of a Michigan man. The only U.S. state that allows physician-assisted suicide is Oregon, where the law allows only terminally ill and mentally competent adults who can self-administer medication to ask a physician to prescribe life-ending drugs. Do you think physician-assisted suicide should be allowed, or did Michigan get it right back in 1999 when they found Kevorkian guilty of second-degree homicide? Well this is a big issue here & has been on the news a lot since I'm in Michigan. This is a tough call because who is to say the person is competent to decide this. If there was a way of doing this, I do believe in physician-assisted suicide. In a way though, what is hospice? A lot of times when they think someone is ready they just keep giving them pain meds till they finally go. I know the thought of suicide is horrible & I don't agree on giving up. Sometimes people that are terminally ill can suffer for many days, weeks, months & it is a shame. Tough question!



No comments:

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...