Friday, August 24, 2007

Booking through Thursday


When growing up did your family share your love of books? If so, did one person get you into reading? And, do you have any family-oriented memories with books and reading? (Family trips to bookstore, reading the same book as a sibling or parent, etc.)

My mom shared my love of books. I'm not sure if that is one got me into reading, I think you either love it or don't. My kids see me read ALL the time & my oldest has no interest in it. I have bought tons of different types of books for her over the years & nothing I do makes her interested. Anyway, my mom is an avid reader & even my brother reads quite a bit. We usually don't share the same interests. My mom interested me to Terry Brooks series about the Magic Kingdom (Magic Kingdom for Sale--Sold! (Magic Kingdom of Landover)) which is my all time favorite series. She also introduced me to Douglas Adams (The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) who I love!

Fun question, to see more answers, check out Booking through Thursday.

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

While I do believe my parents influenced my becoming a reader, I am sure there were other things that played a part in it too (like personality).

My husband and I do not always share the same taste in books--but it's usually him that doesn't like something I'm reading whereas I usually like everything he reads. It's funny how that works out. :-)

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...