Monday, August 6, 2007

Memory Lane Monday


This week’s theme:

Share your feelings and story of when you discovered you were pregnant for the first time.



This really isn't something I talk much about out. My pregnancy I have discussed quite often, but the discovery usually doesn't seem to come up. It is kind of complicated & goes to show how immature you are at 18. I was dating my husband for about 10 months when he started saying he wanted a baby. I have always said that I would never have kids. I had no desire to have children. I wanted to become a psychologist & I actually always dreamed of being a profiler (like Criminal minds). Whatever I went into it, i wanted my field to deal with understanding the criminal mind. Not a job for a family woman, lol. Somehow though my husband then boyfriend got the idea of having a baby in my head. I started thinking about it & really wanted a daughter. Yes I only wanted a daughter, I did not want a son. So I started planning it all out, when I would like to get pregnant, etc. I can't remember all the details of it, but it had something to do with the timing of my dads health insurance. I think I was about to get taken off it or something. I decided that April would be a good month to become pregnant & being the all knowing 18 year old decided to start trying in February. I actually figured out my fertility by using the 28 day method. My periods were always exactly 28 days apart, so it was easy to figure out. Then we started trying for a 3 day period. This was like 4 or 5 days before I turned 19. Funny side story. On my 19th birthday (this is a few days after we started trying) my Aunt wrote in my birthday card "At your age I was pregnant". My mom totally flipped out at her saying she shouldn't even put that thought in my head, LOL. Of course a couple weeks later, no period! I went out & bought fact plus & took the test. It came up positive very quickly. I was a bit shocked to be honest. I never thought it would happen that quick. That was fun telling my mom, she actually handled it quite well. We had discussed waiting to get married a few years later. When my husband went to the first ultrasound though, he wanted to get married before she came along. We had 2 months to plan the wedding so that I wasn't totally huge. We had planned on getting married when I was 5 months pregnant. I ended up getting very sick though & spent my should have been wedding day in a coma on the ICU floor. We manged to get married in August. I was 6 months pregnant but barely showing. You can see my wedding pic a few posts down. Alyssa ended up coming 6 weeks early at the end of September. That is my crazy story. My 2nd daughter was a total surprise for us. I actually knew though right away. I swear that 28 day method of tracking your fertility really works, LOL.

7 comments:

Adventures In Babywearing said...

Wow- that is some story! And I looked at your wedding photos- definitely can't tell!!

Steph

Susanne said...

Hi there!! I just wanted to take a minute to come by and say thanks for participating in my Mary Kay blog give away. Since you showed interest in Mary Kay products by entering the contest, I would also like to ask, do you already have a consultant who serves you??? If not, I would be honored to have that privilege! I will be hosting an MK Web party (at my Mary Kay Website - www.marykay.com/susannereeder) sometime in the next couple of weeks, and I will be posting the invitation on my blog very soon. This will be a "Mystery Hostess" party full of wonderful prizes, so be on the lookout for the all the details including the date and time. Thanks again for your interest. Have a POSITIVELY PINK day!!!
Love and Prayers,
Susanne Reeder

Laura Williams said...

What a story!! I'm sure it was a shock to many.


Mine is up if you'd like to pop over and read. :)
http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2007/08/memory-lane-monday-two-lines.html

Jessie said...

Wow, great story! Glad to hear that you were ok though after being in the ICU.

momsblogging - nell said...

I echo the others in saying what a story my friend! Thank you for sharing it with us...I really enjoy reading about other's experiences in life!

Dawn - Coming to a Nursery Near You said...

wow - scary! I can't imagine getting pregnant at that age (although my mom did it, my sister did it and my sister in law did it! LOL)

Thanks for sharing your story. :)

mama k said...

Wow! what a story!
Thanks for sharing.

I put mine up here:
http://mamaknj.blogspot.com/2007/08/moms-blogging-is-asking-you-to-share.html

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...