Saturday, August 4, 2007

Smart Habit Saturday


My newest smart habit is going to deal with my finances. I am going to go through all my bills, write down what I owe. Then make a budget. I usually don't do budgets because we haven't had a steady paycheck in years. My husband is a carpenter & hasn't had a Friday paycheck in a LONG time. I quit working in jan of 2002, so I haven't either. We still don't have a steady paycheck, but I want to make a budget anyway. With school & dance starting back up in 1 month {today} I have to get my finances in order!

My previous "habits"

Walking ~ Doing well
Keeping kitchen table clutter free ~ not doing well :)
Playing games with kids ~ Doing good with my 6 year old. My 9 year old would rather play with friends, so will try to get her involved in the colder months (what am I going to do when she is a teen, ugh!)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

The finances is a great habit. I was just reading a frugal blog the other day {forgot the name} and she had the same thing, not having a steady paycheck. She said that they figured an average for the basics and anytime his pay was higher they'd put the extra into a slush fund to dip into on lower months. We're in the process of working on a budget as well, our paycheck is steady but we want to be out of debt. Good luck with that one, I know it's one thing to write out a budget but sticking to it has always been more of a challenge for us. Looks like the rest of your habits are going pretty well - the table is always a challenge.

Ginny said...

Great tip & that is something we really need to do! Thanks for the comment & encouragement! Good luck on your debt as well, it feels so good when things get paid off!

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...