Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Tackle it Tuesday

This Tackle it Tuesday, I'm tackling my finances. Going along with my Smart Habit Saturday to get a budget going & working on my debt. I want to get all my bills together in one spot, figure out what I owe. I also want to figure out interest rates, etc so I can figure out what to start paying off first. I have been meaning to do this for a few months now & I just can't seem to finish it. I get started, just never finish. That is my biggest tackle this week. I'm also working on just better organizing my house. School is starting soon & I really want a freshly organizing living space. I have major problems getting my oldest to do homework. It is always a struggle and fight. I want to get a better homework area set up in the next couple weeks. Since my bills are in the same general area, this all goes to together for me. Well off to tackle! Click on the banner to see more moms tackling their homes!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Great tackle! We started tackling debt last year. I highly recommend Dave Ramsey's book "The Total Money Makeover." It really changed how we looked at things and how we approached paying down debt!

Good luck!!!

Rosie said...

Thanks for your kind words on my blog. It is nice to know that others struggle-so that we aren't alone!

Rebecca said...

I did this a while back and need to do it again because of changes in income, expenses & debt. I got some good reference information that help in figuring out what debt to pay down first from Oprah's website in the Debt Diet series. I hope you are able to find a system that works for your family!

Mom of 3 said...

Great idea to tackle!

I'm trying to do the same thing. I sat down 2 days ago and opened Excel thinking I would make a budget spreadsheet from scratch (Quicken scares me, I've tried, need something simpler) Anyway, they have a link to get to Microsoft.com and you can download all kinds of pre-made spreadsheets. VERY cool! Saves a lot of time too.

HowToMe said...

Oh, you will love the way things look when you are done :-)

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...