Thursday, August 30, 2007

Throwback Thursday School Photos

I really wanted to share some of my school portraits, but I couldn't seem to find them. I was just about to post something else, when I did come across 3 pictures from end of 1st grade & the first day of 2nd grade.This is my last day of 1st grade with my teacher. For some reason I thought this was kindergarten but luckily my mom labeled when this year :) I don't think I remembered because for 1st grade, we lived with my grandma while our new house was being built. I had to go to that school just for the one year. I think we moved in May, so I just had to finish out May & then June there. It was an awful school! We used to have to skip in the halls for gym class. If you tattled you had to wear a donkey tail on your butt. The principal actually hit with rulers if you were bad. This was in '85 I don't think any other school did that in my area. I was so scared going there every day, it was horrible! I was already quite & shy, so that fear made it worse. Probably why I have that nice fake smile, lol
This is another pic of me on the last day of school, 1st grade June 1985

This is me on the first day of 2nd grade, back in September 1985. I'm in the middle & the light blond was my best friend for years (we lost touch a few years ago due to moves, etc)

Look at the horrible hair I have, ugh! Mom what were you thinking? Remember how us girls had to dress so nice on the first day. Now I'm lucky to get my oldest in a jean skirt on the first day. We'll have to remember this post when I post my girls first day of school pic on Tuesday.

Check out more throwback thursday here.

3 comments:

Lynnae @ From Under the Clutter said...

Love the pics! And I totally remember dressing up on the first day of school. My daughter will probably wear shorts! lol

Dawn @ Coming to a Nursery Near You said...

I used to love to dress up in the new clothes those first few weeks. Great photos - thanks for sharing!

JHS said...

Yup, we always had a new dress for the first day of school. We couldn't wear pants regularly until high school. I think we wore them on Friday in junior high. Seems like such an archaic approach now, doesn't it?

I don't think your hair looks bad! We all had big hair in the 80's, after all.

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...