Monday, September 24, 2007

Book Review ~ Grave Sight


I finally finished my first selection for the RIP II Challenge. I had planned on starting it sooner, but I had checked out another 2 book series & the 2nd book was due back sooner then all the rest. I had to hurry & read the first, so I could get the 2nd one back in time :) BTW, it was the Maggie Mars series & it was SO good.

Anyways, back to my first selection for the RIP II Challenge, it was another great book! I read was Grave Sight (Harper Connelly Mysteries, No. 1). I am not very good at reviews to be honest. I really loved this book though. I am so glad I found this challenge & came across this book. I probably would have never read it before this challenge.

I just loved the character Harper & her brother Tolliver. This book was very easy to read, I didn't want to put it down. The main character Harper was struck by lightning as a kid. This somehow made her be able to find dead bodies & know how they were killed. It is a very interesting idea & something I have never read before. In the first book of this series, Harper & her brother travel to Arkansas to find the body of a missing teenage girl. They find the body quickly, but end up having problems that prevent them from moving on to their next cases. When Harper's life is threatened and Tolliver ends up in jail on trumped-up charges, it quickly becomes apparent that something sinister is going on in Sarne.

The book has a great plot. Very interesting characters. I really like Harper's attitude. I can't wait to read the rest of the series! Amazon has some excellent reviews of the book there. I plan on reading everything by Charlaine Harris & am so happy to find a new woman author to read.

You can check out my original post here or click on the banner for details on this book challenge.

No comments:

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...