Monday, October 22, 2007

Memory Lane Monday ~ 1st Apartment

At Moms Blogging this week, the topic is remembering our first house or apartment.

My first apartment was with my husband. When we got married, we moved in with his mom for about a month. Then we stayed at my parents for a couple weeks while we found our apartment. We moved in the general area to one of the cheapest apartments we could find. Aly was about a month old, so we needed 2 bedrooms. I actually liked the apartment, but they did have a bad name even though they were in a nice area. I think that was the reason behind the bad name though because the apartments were really nice for the price. We did live in the apartment across from a dumpster diver & it was pretty gross. I could sit in my living room & watch this guy jumping in the 2 dumpsters between our apartments, GROSS! I used to hate throwing out my garbage, lol. We were on the top floor of a 3 story apartment. We had 2 bedrooms & a nice sized bathroom. the kitchen was a bit small with a small dining area right next to it. The living room wasn't bad. We had plenty of room since we were freshly married & Aly was just a baby. The worst part was the laundry was in the central building & we were on the left side. I had to actually leave my building & go the one next to it that was all connected. Talk about a pain with a little one!

1 comment:

Heather @ Desperately Seeking Sanity said...

Oh I can relate to the laundry issue!!!!! I was so thrilled the first time that I didn't have to leave my home to wash clothes... :)

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...