Monday, October 1, 2007

The Quickie Review



I was going to start my fall reading challenge with Season of the Witch that I also wanted to read for the RIP II Challenge. I couldn't get into Season of the Witch (I'm currently reading it now though), so I read The Quickie by James Patterson. I had been waiting for awhile for this book & I ended up getting the large print about 2 weeks ago. I was still like 150 in line for the regular print, so I knew I had to get it back before my due date next week.

It was a very good book. I have to tell you, I was actually stressed reading. It just took turn after turn & I couldn't wait for it to be over just to get some relief for Lauren the poor main character, lol. It was such a good book though.

Book Description
Lauren Stillwell is not your average damsel in distress. When the NYPD cop discovers her husband leaving a hotel with another woman, she decides to beat him at his own game. But her revenge goes dangerously awry, and she finds her world spiraling into a hell that becomes more terrifying by the hour. In a further twist of fate, Lauren must take on a job that threatens everything she stands for. Now, she's paralyzed by a deadly secret that could tear her life apart. With her job and marriage on the line, Lauren's desire for retribution becomes a lethal inferno as she fights to save her livelihood--and her life. Patterson takes us on a twisting roller-coaster ride of thrills in his most gripping novel yet. This story of love, lust and dangerous secrets will have readers' hearts pounding to the very last page.

I'm terrible at reviews, but if you like mysteries, suspense or Patterson this is a great book. I normally do not like books about cheating & didn't even read the book description before getting this book. I think I got an email from Patterson & realized this was not an already started series, so hurried & requested it. I'm behind on reading him & he writes so much whenever I get an email that is about a new character I hurry & get it, to keep from falling more behind. I also didn't realize that Lauren was a cop, so that was a huge shocker in the way the book started off. I highly recommend this book!

2 comments:

Robin said...

It looks interesting. I have a hard time getting into a book that is written in the first person. I am very visual person and get pulled into stories, picturing the story as I read. I guess if it is in 1st person, then just can't imagine it. Don't know...will have to expand my horizons and try reading it.

thanks

Robin

Jennifer, Snapshot said...

Oh, good! I have the audio book and I haven't listened to it yet.

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...