Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Holiday Traditions

We are a really small family & honestly don't have any major traditions. For Thanksgiving we usually spend it with my parents & brother. Sometimes we just have dinner ourselves & other times we visit either mine or my husbands grandma.

We have basic foods like Turkey, Roast Potatoes, Bread stuffing, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Salad, Usually an Applie Pie and/or Pumpkin pie along with a Silk Chocolate pie.

I am the difficult one I eat the roast potatoes, the salad & the Silk chocolate pie :)

We just don't do anything major, I honestly don't care much for Thanksgiving. I do like to take lots of pictures & scrap what I am thankful for though. I always have intentions of doing all of these fun projects with the kids & talking about being thankful, but I just never seem to do it.

For Christmas, we celebrate it as a time with a family & the Winter solstice. Our normal tradition was to visit my Grandma on New Years eve to open presents & have dinner. In the evening I like to give the kids a present which is pjs to wear to bed. On Christmas everyone gets up early & opens presents. Then we like a nice breakfast. Then we usually have dinner with my parents.

The celebrations used to be larger, but we barely have any family left, so Christmas has lots of down time now. Which I do enjoy because it can get so stressful.

Christmas dinner is usually similar to Thanksgiving but we add a Roast or Ham, etc.

We usually try to put up our tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. When I was little, we always took our tree down on the 6th of January which is 12 days after Christmas. We stick to that some years & others depends on what is going on.

During December we usually do crafts, I like the kids to make something little for family members, etc.

I used to do cards by the 1st of December, but I barely send them out anymore. I also get pics of the girls in their fancy dresses sometime end of November beginning of December.

That is about it, at least what I can think of at the moment :)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

You can enter to win a Toshiba HD DVD A2 Player just by blogging about holiday traditions, check it out here.

2 comments:

Amy Grant Bayliss said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing. I will draw a winner tomorrow!

s.j.simon said...

lol. did you know that chocolate was banned in switzerland for many years. read this

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...