Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Works For Me: BACKWARDS DAY!

Today is another BACKWARDS edition of Works-For-Me Wednesday. Instead of sharing one of my brilliant life tips with Bloggityville, I get to ask you, my kind readers for your suggestions in handling my problem.

Now I have to admit, I have not given many tips, my mind has been blank for awhile. Anyway, I'd love to hears some tips.

Ok right now my biggest problem is organizing toys. I have 2 girls, ages 6 & 10. My oldest is growing out of toys, she still likes playing house with dolls, playing store, etc.

My youngest plays everything: Barbie, Bratz, dolls, stuffed animals, Polly pockets, etc

What is a good way of storing all these things?

4 comments:

ellen b. said...

If when you say storing you're putting them away for awhile I would use clear plastic totes with lids so you can see what's in them. Smaller ones for barbies. They would even work and stack if you're just getting them off the floor and put away. I would also separate each brand...
I've also used Laundry baskets for bigger items so I could shove those in the closet too.

Meg said...

I agree. I put all the kids' toys in clear containers that we don't pull out everyday (i.e., play doh) and the more-used toys in bins. (I use the fold-out fabric boxes you can find at Target, and I attached small chalkboards to the outside so I can write what's in them, changing it as the kids' toys change!)

TX Poppet said...

We use labeled storage cubes. Those clear totes won't hold Barbie' dream horse, car, furniture, etc. but they will all fit in storage cubes. My daughter has a LiteBrite cube, doll cube, art cube,music cube,etc. As She grew, the cubes turned from horizontal to vertical and the boxes inside became more grown up designer-y. So versatile! Found your blog via WFMW. Glad I did.

Ginny said...

Thanks for the tips! I have some things in containers with lids & that is a big pain, I will have to try the labeled cube things.

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...