Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tween Girl Gift Ideas

I've been struggling with what to buy my 10 year old daughter. I have a bunch of little things for my 6 year old since she is still really into toys, but my 10 year old is growing out of that phase. I decided to start scouring the internet & wanted to share what I have come up with so far.

The main things she does want is Webkinz, I have been watching for deals on Ebay, check out Webkinz on Ebay. Watch the shipping charges though especially if you buy more then one. I bought 8 from 1 seller, the Webkinz came to $21.xx & I was charged just under $37 for shipping! Yep, crazy huh. It was a 2.4 lb package using free priority box & no packing material at all. Then I was shorted 1, but it is supposed to be coming this week {crossing fingers} I have bought some from some wonderful fair sellers though, so just keep an eye on the shipping & if you buy more then one, ask for a specific quote before bidding. I just asked if they combine, & when they said yes made the mistake of assuming it was a fair combination.

Webkinz Husky GREY (amazon) or Webkinz Husky on Ebay

She wanted the Alley cat because that is her nick name from my dad. I found a great deal on Ebay for it, Lil Kinz Alley Cat, you might find a better deal at Amazon right now though, Webkinz Lil' Kinz Alley Cat.

Pet of the Month for January ~ Ganz Webkinz Lil' Kinz Golden Retriever

Good stocking stuffers ~ Webkinz Charms, Webkinz Lip Gloss and Webkinz Trading Cards.

Webkinz Trading Cards Sealed Packs FEATURE CODE Card for Online Pets! 3 PACK LOT

Here are some other fun ideas for the tweens on your list ~

Under $15

Me and My Friends: The Book of Us (Colors may vary) (Klutz)

Hannah Montana "Fashion Collection" Miley with Extra Outfit

Rubik's Revenge Cube 4 X 4

HitClips



Nintendo DS Lite Earforce D2 Headphone Pink

Hannah Montana "Best of Both Worlds" Singing Doll


I bought my kids the ice cream version last year & they loved it! They actually ran right up to brush their teeth after opening presents! About 2 weeks ago, they asked if I thought Santa would bring another toothbrush this year. They keep saying they hope he does, too funny!



Under $30


Disney Channel's High School Musical DVD Board Game

This is the new toothbrush they actually want, not sure if my pocketbook can afford it. Thought I'd throw it in the mix, in case yours could :)

PECOWARE - Child Girl Gifts - Photo Album Kit with Camera - Girls Camera - Kid's Camera Gift Set



Under $50 ~

Sandisk Sansa Shaker 512MB MP3 (Blue)

DreamLife Superstar TV Plug-In Game

Mattel Barbie 2007 Holiday Collector Doll

Over $50 ~

LeapFrog FLY Fusion Pentop Computer

SanDisk SDMX4-2048-A70 Sansa e250 2 GB MP3 Player with microSD Expansion Slot





Nintendo DS Lite Pink



Magazine Subscriptions ~ These are great because it helps the girls read and it is a gift that keeps giving each month! Some tween favorites:


American Girl

Discovery Girl

National Geographic Kids

This mag says 8 - but I think it is geared more for 8 & up. Supposed to be an excellent magazine that isn't pushing makeup, fashion, etc.

General Stores that Tweens Like ~



Limited Too 234x60 Banner


Justice if you have them, they are similar to Limited Too but a bit cheaper & a lot of girls like the clothes better.

2 comments:

unique said...

One of the things that make Christmas special is the spirit of giving. As children we can’t wait for Christmas morning to open presents. We thought in terms of receiving. As adults we think in terms of giving. And hopefully, our unique Christmas gift ideas are gifts of love. Men look for just the right gifts for women. Women usually shop for men, their own children as well as others, and for family and friends. Here are some suggestions to get you started. http://unique-christmas-gift-ideas-tips.blogspot.com .

ANTHONY SHIMPS said...

Great ideas! Everything sounds fantastic! I would not know what to choose...

Wow! What a great list! This took some time to put together.
Thank you so much.

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...