Thursday, June 7, 2007
Check out the blog here
Onesome: Just-- in time for summer vacation? Are you there yet? Another week to go? Does it matter (to the moms with little ones and the eight to five crowd)? Just curious how things are across American and around the world...
Kids get out of school tomorrow. I usually don't consider it "summer vacation" though until after the Dance Recital. If you are dance mom, you know what I'm talking about, lol. We have tons of practices for the next few weeks & then we can relax.
Twosome: in-- times of crisis, what do you do to chill out a bit? Talk to someone? ...take a walk? ...eat a gallon of Ben and Jerry's? Read a book?
I like to read when I'm stressed out. Helps me forget my problems. I also like to watch tv, usually the night time shows between 8 - 11. If I want I'm upset, I like to scrapbook, helps me remember all the good times :)
Threesome: case--by case? Do you have a carry case for everything that has one available and keep them all populated? ...or do you just stuff gadgetry into whatever is handy when you need to lug it along somewhere?
Well I always use a big purse, so that has most of my needed things. I have several bags to that I can use if I need to lug something. Not 100% organized, but not too bad either.
So, tell us about you? Left contact lense / trouser leg / sock / shoe first? Or right?
I am right handed. I almost always do my left eye first with contacts. I also usually take out my left contact first. I usually do my pants & socks left first. Shoes I think I do both equally. Never thought about it before, lol. Good fun question!
Almost everyone can name at least one author that you would love just ONE more book from. Either because they’re dead, not being published any more, not writing more, not producing new work for whatever reason . . . or they’ve aged and aren’t writing to their old standards any more . . . For whatever reason, there just hasn’t been anything new (or worth reading) of theirs and isn’t likely to be.
If you could have just ONE more book from an author you love . . . a book that would be as good any of their best (while we’re dreaming) . . . something that would round out a series, or finish their last work, or just be something NEW . . . Who would the author be, and why? Jane Austen? Shakespeare? Laurie Colwin? Kurt Vonnegut?
I would love at least one more book by Terry Brooks on the Magic Kingdom! I keep waiting for him to write one & he keeps writing other books, driving me mad!
3x Thursday: 06/07/y2k+7: Health Issues
1. Do you pay much attention to your body? Do you know when you are doing too much of something, not getting enough of something, etc? How do you know/not know?
I pay some attention. I do know if I'm doing too much or if I need sleep, etc.
2. Have you ever had a health issue that you couldn't solve yourself (other than a sinus infection or something like that)? If so, what steps did you take to resolve it? Did you resolve it?
Nothing too major. I have bad allergies, so I usually see a doctor for that. I also have bad headaches that over the counter doesn't always work for. I have a minor heart issue & then something wrong with my thyroid. I just go to my doctor & do any tests, etc that they suggest. Luckily nothing too major yet.
3. Have you ever had to hop from doctor to doctor to doctor to get a diagnosis? If so, how did you handle it? What are your thoughts about having to hop from doctor to doctor to get a diagnosis?
Sort of. I have switched doctors when I didn't feel like I was getting the service I needed. I haven't really had to hop around looking for a diagnosis for everything. Luckily with my thyroid my insurance changed my doctor because unknowingly I was being treated for hypo thyroid, when my thyroid is more hyper. I guess it really is important to get 2nd opinions!
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Hello everyone! Welcome to another Hump. I just finished reading from a magazine, so today's meme will be about magazines.
1. Do you currently subscribe to any magazines? If so, which ones? Yes tons, I get Creating Keepsakes, Memory Makers, Simple Scrapbooks, Scrapbooks Etc, Family Fun, Family Circle, Woman's day, Good Housekeeping, Parents, Child, Real Simple, Prevention, Jane, Lucky
2. What magazines have you subscribed to in the past? Above plus Redbook, Instyle, Scrapbook Trends, Paperkuts, Ivy Cottage, Scrapbook Answers
3. What do you do with the little cards that always fall out of the magazine? Do you toss them, or have you found a use for them? I use them for bookmarks while I'm reading or tear them up & use as page markers if I want to go back to the idea. If I'm done with the card, I stick it with other paper to recycle.
4. If you could start a magazine, what would it be about? Who or what would be on the cover of the first issue? I'm not sure, most like scrapbooking maybe with a mix of photography. The cover would just have a great layout on it :)
Also have to add. A lot of those mags I have earned by doing surveys online. I swear I don't pay for all those mags, LOL. Child & Parents I wish I didn't get since my kids are older. I actually won 3 year subscriptions from clubmom & that was right after I had renewed for 3 years. Let's just say I will be getting those till end of 2011, Oh my!
I finally finished my GO layout for One Little Word 1st Blog Challenge. I love that someone came up with this concept for challenges. When I first heard of Ali Edward's challenge, I fell in love with it. My biggest problem was I couldn't seem to narrow it down to one word. I had at least 3 that were my favorites: Enjoy, Simplify & one other, that I can seem to think of right now, lol. I almost wanted to push the theory a little farther, and this blog has done just that! It was nice weather this weekend, so I spent a lot of time outside watching the kids swim. I just did this layout super quick, so I wasn't too behind. I love this Cherry Arte paper & have tons of it still, so used that.
My little baby graduated Kindergarten yesterday :) It was so cute! They had the kindergarten sing 2 songs. Then when they called the name, the principal gave them a diploma. They did the ceremony really well. They actually stopped with each kid so parents could snap pictures. It was really nice! They even had blue little graduation hats. My oldest didn't get hats & it makes it so much cuter! My mom gave her glittery flowers & we got her a pink poodle graduation dog. After we had snacks in the room, took tons of photos & then the kids got to come home early. It was really nice! After she got to play at a friends house most of the afternoon. I was able to take Alli to dance by myself, so I got to enjoy a book! I was going to take her to check out a new dance studio yesterday, but we decided to take a look today with Cami as well.
Monday, June 4, 2007
1. Do you like Coldplay? No
2. Were you jaundiced as a baby? No, but both my daughters were
3. Who's your favourite blond? My youngest daughter Do blonds have more fun? Not always
4. Is this shit bananas? And is Gwen Stefani a talented artist? I like her some
5. Have you ever been stung by a bee? If so, where? Yes, my foot when I was 5 or 6
Manic Monday for June 4, 2007
1. How do you learn best? Watch and learn? Participation? Reading directions or technical manuals? I usually learn best if I watch it once.
2. Is one of your senses more highly developed than another? If so, which one? No
3. Summer is almost upon us here in the northern hemisphere. What says summer to you? Beach, sunscreen, bikes, parks, walking, kids laughter, swimming
Sunday, June 3, 2007
Paper or plastic? May 30, 2007
Booking Through Thursday
* Do you read e-Books? I have read a few but they were all informative books. I haven't read any fiction type books yet like that. I really enjoy laying down in bed with a good book or reading while out & waiting on the kids, doctors, etc
* If so, how? On your computer, or a PDA? Computer
* Or are you a paper purist? Why? I prefer paper & mainly for reasons I stated above. I like to take it with me. I think a PDA would be too tiny to read without the lines blurring. I love the feel of books, I like having my books on bookshelves, I just love books, LOL
I have to admit this is really hard, lol
1. Graduating High School
2. Learning to Drive
3. Having my first daughter
4. Having my second daughter
5. Getting Manicuring license
6. Getting certified as a Pharmacy tech (especially since I couldn't study since I was having a bad 2nd pregnancy & I ended up having daughter early & my test was the following week. I literally studied on the drive to the test!)
7. Having a successful Ebay Store/Becoming Powerseller with little financial backing
8. Surviving Marriage for almost 10 years, lol
9. Becoming a stay at home after my 2nd daughter was born
10. Being a dance mom for 6 years now (if you have lived a recital, you know what I mean, lol)
ABC News Exclusive: YouTube star Logan Paul says "parents should be monitoring what their children are watching"
Whoever is working with Logan Paul is a genius to spin the backlash this way! "YouTube star Logan Paul sat down exclusively with ...
It is the long awaited Dance Recital Season, that all little dancers look forward to. A lot of parents, grandparents even aunt & uncl...
Welcome to A Blogtastic Extravaganza - New Year, New Start Did you make resolutions this year? Regardless, I bet you want to make some...
I love love love this NYX Cosmetics Concealer Wand in Porcelain. It has amazing coverage and it is only $4.99 plus cruelty free! I or...