Saturday, June 30, 2007
1. How far from your home is your nearest fire station? Less then 1 mile
2. Have you ever made a call to your local 911 service? If so, how long did it take for emergency personnel -- whatever type you needed -- to arrive? Once, it took them about 10 - 15 minutes to arrive. My daughter also called them once on accident & hung up. They called immediately back to make sure there was no emergency.
3. If you had to choose one of the following, which emergency employee would you want to be: police officer, dispatcher, paramedic, firefighter; and why would you choose that one? I think I could handle dispatcher the best.
4. Take the quiz: What firefighter tool are you?
|What Firefighter tool are you|
You like overhall, knocking out walls and ceilings... being distructive
|Take The Quiz Now!||Quizzes by myYearbook.com|
5. When you were little, did you ever dream of being a first responder? No
6. What is your favorite first-responder-related movie or television show; and how realistically do you think it depicts what they really go through? Funny, I just blogged about this the other day. I loved that show on TNT, I think it was called Saved about the ambulance company.
Friday, June 29, 2007
I decided to start participating in Smart Habit Saturday at The Lazy Organizer blog. My habit that I want to perfect is walking! I keep saying I'm going to walk more & I never do. This week I want to walk at least 2-3 times with or without the kids. I will keep posting on my progress!
Upcoming shows are Eureka & Big Brother 8.
If you haven't watched Eureka yet, it is only Season 2 on Sci-Fi, so it would be easy to pick up. This show is great, even if you aren't into Sci-Fi!
I cannot wait for Big Brother to start up! This season looks really good, even with an Alice in Wonderland themed house. Too cool!
The 4400 just started recently. I have to admit, that first show had me a bit confused. I thought I missed a season for a second. I wish I could have seen the finale from last season before the new season started to refresh my memory.
Kyle XY is a cute show, very interesting.
So you think you can dance is a favorite. I started watching it last year & I think I liked that cast a bit better then this years. I don't have any real favorites yet. I was a bit annoyed about them letting Jesse go yesterday. She wasn't one of my favorites, but she did so much better then Anya. I like this show because I watch it with my girls. They love watching the dancing & just want to dance even more!
Pirate Master isn't as good as I thought it would be, it is an ok though. Interesting theme, I actually think a 2nd season would be even better because the players would already see what they did this season. I think it would get more interesting.
The Closer is a show that I like sometimes. The main character gets on my nerves, but it makes me laugh & has interesting story lines.
One show that i am so mad about getting canceled came on after the Closer last summer. I think it was called Saved & was about working on an Ambulance. The show was awesome!
|You Passed 8th Grade Math|
Congratulations, you got 8/10 correct!
Friday Fifteen #14
My kids have been talking about collections today, rocks specifically. I have collected so many different things over the years, I thought I'd do my Friday 15 on some of the things I either collect or did collect :)
1. Vogue Ginny Dolls (My name is Ginny, will probably never stop collecting these)
2. Barbies/Skippers (Have been loving Barbie dolls since my first doll at around 3! I also collect these for my kids)
3. Dreamsicles (I'm not religious, but I have always like angels, Dreamsicles kind of spawned off that. I haven't bought any in a long time unless I find them for .99 or under at thrift stores)
4. Irish things (My mom was born in England & my grandparents in Ireland. I love the beautiful Irish items you can find!)
5. Stamps (I'm not a huge collector, but I do like to pick them up. It started when I wanted to get some sets for when my daughters were born)
6. Rocks (this was a childhood thing & it was mainly the gemstones)
7. Dolls (I'm a sucker for dolls, I do not limit myself to Barbie & Ginny dolls, lol)
8. Unicorns/Dragons (I don't have much because I have really watched myself, but I love all those pretty Unicorn & Dragon figurines that companies come out with)
9. Cat figurines (This is another one from my childhood)
10. Purses (hey I'm a girl right, lol!)
11. Ballet items (this one is for my girls)
12. Books (avid reader)
13. Promo cards (this started from when my hubby & I started selling non-sport trading cards on ebay back in 99)
14. Non-sport trading cards, sets & boxes (again same reason as above)
15. Scrapbook paper & embellishments (this is a problem I have & other scrapbookers know what I'm talking about!)
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Summer time is such an awesome time... for both young and old alike!
Do you remember how exciting it was to get home on that last day of school?
What are your favorite summer memories of your childhood?
Is it something you did every summer, or perhaps one summer that stands out in your mind?
I do remember that last day of school, so happy to finally get to relax! My favorite memories are playing on swingsets, and going to my grandma's house to swim. We would get to walk up to Bunzo's to get popsicles, so fun. We pretty much did that every summer. We would also go to Cedar point & kings island every summer. We would stay a week & also hit the airplane museum in Ohio. We always had a lot of fun! We had other vacations as well, but I remember the amusement parks the best. I think we went to Niagra Falls several times, Mackinac Island, Hershey Park & a few other places.
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
- What are some of your hobbies? Scrapbooking & Reading
- Is there another hobby you wish you had? I wish I could knit or sew
- Are you a collector? If so, what do you collect? (ex: stamps, coins, postcards, etc.) Yes, I collect tons of things, too much sometimes. I have actually collected postcards in the past & sometimes still pick them up. I occasionally collect stamps. I collect Ginny Dolls by Vogue, Barbies, Dreamsicles (which I have cut out of buying those), some unicorns and I'm sure I'm missing things.
Monday, June 25, 2007
Your Chance to Win!
Vote now for a chance to win a 2008 Defending Science calendar featuring all 12 finalist cartoons! Everyone who votes will be entered in a drawing to win one of 50 calendars.
Now, it’s time to cast your vote for your favorite scientific integrity cartoon!
Monday, June 25, 2007
Are you strict about wearing your sunscreen in the summer? Yep, I'm very cautious with the sun
Do you frequently wear sandals in the summer? Any favorites you'd like to share? I LOVE flip flops! I barely wear socks in the summer, love any type of Sandals!
What are a few great books that you've taken along to the beach or on vacation in years past? If you aren't a big reader, what do you do to while away the lazy hours? I'm big into mysteries, I also like taking Magazines. Usually scrapbook related ones :) Favorite mysteries are usually series & I tend to read more from female authors. If I started posting my favorites, this would get very long :)
How do you feel about swimsuit shopping? Love it, hate it, indifferent? What's your color of choice? I don't really mind it, even though each year I seem to start dreading it more. I stick with bikinis & I really like those halter style ones :)
Sunday, June 24, 2007
randomness...feed your mind and your blog
week of June24: TV favs
what is your favorite....
1. tv show ~ I have so many. My all time favorite that is canceled is Charmed. Right now in the summer I'm watching So you think you can dance, big brother, Eureka, 4400 & Kyle XY. In the fall/winter season I like Desperate Housewives, Crossing Jordan (canceled), Without a trace, Original CSI & sometimes NY, Smallville, Ghost Whisperer, Survivor & I'm sure I'm missing some :)
2. snack while watching tv ~ nothing special, I like snacking on pretzels if I snack at all
3. tv personality ~ For some reason I like Rachel Ray even though she is a bit annoying
4. time to watch tv ~ Prime time 8 - 11, I don't watch much during the day
5. place to watch tv ~ Either in bed or while also going on computer
till next time...
Free 5x7 Custom Softcover Photo Book – Save $12.99! Code: SOFTBOOK. Does Not Include Extra Pages. New Customers Only. S&H Not Included....
It is the long awaited Dance Recital Season, that all little dancers look forward to. A lot of parents, grandparents even aunt & uncl...
Welcome to A Blogtastic Extravaganza - New Year, New Start Did you make resolutions this year? Regardless, I bet you want to make some...
I love love love this NYX Cosmetics Concealer Wand in Porcelain. It has amazing coverage and it is only $4.99 plus cruelty free! I or...