Sunday, February 3, 2008

Punxsutawney Phil saw his Shadow ~ 6 more weeks

My daughter woke me up yesterday screaming to watch the news, she had to know if the Groundhog saw his shadow. All dazed & confused I managed to get the news on. Guess what, no reporting on the groundhog. Then I had to get in my contacts & check the internet.

Do you know how hard it is to find this kind of information out? Don't these people know that little 6 years are excited to find out & like to drive their mommies nuts? Doesn't help when their teachers send them home with Groundhog 2008 packets & the very first line asks if the shadow was seen!

I was able to find out pretty quickly that Phil did see his shadow. However we are in Michigan, and the girls wanted to know if our Groundhog, Woody saw her shadow. Cnn didn't bother to report until 12:44pm, that meant hours of torment for my beloved little girl, lol.

Woody ended up predicting that Spring will come early. I guess it is done differently, it goes by if she stays out or quickly scurries back in.

Woody emerged from a paper mache stump to predict that spring is right around the corner.

The forecast Saturday morning from Michigan's prognosticating woodchuck at the Howell Conference and Nature Center contradicted the forecast from groundhog Punxsutawney Phil in Pennsylvania of six more weeks of winter.

But Woody's was in line with the forecast from Gen. Beauregard Lee, Punxsutawney Phil's counterpart in Georgia. The Detroit News reports Woody was shown to a cheering crowd of about 100. Woody indicates there will be an early spring by hanging out for at least 30 seconds. Her handlers tell WJBK-TV in Detroit that if she quickly scurries back inside, that means six more weeks of winter.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hi! I hope you check your blog often, because I was unable to access your e-mail address. You won my contest!!! Please e-mail me at adventures in poop (at) live *dot* com. Thanks

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...