Wednesday, March 19, 2008

IRS Economic Stimulus Check, When will it come?

Last week, I received a letter from the IRS. At first I panicked, that is a scary feeling seeing something from them, lol. Luckily though, it was about the Economic Stimulus Check.

We should be getting $1800 back, we filed joint so that is $1200 + $300 per kid (x2)

If everything goes right, we are hoping to use it towards getting me a newer car. I have been driving the car that we bought when we got married in 1997 to save money & help pay off debts. We've done so much work to it, including replacing the engine. I just don't think it has much life in it. Plus if you remember, I got in accident a few months ago. The front end is all banged up. Plus the driver window has been broken for a couple years. That is always fun. Oh & my heat barely works, and I haven't had air in YEARS! Not that I'd use it with gas being $3.299 right now

Anyhoo, the point of my post ~ I found a great chart from the IRS that explains when you will receive your check. In the letter I received last week, it said starting May & that we would get another letter when the time got closer. I like this chart much better :)

Below are the schedules for economic stimulus payments related to tax returns processed by April 15, 2008.

Stimulus Payment Schedule for Tax Returns
Received and Processed by April 15

Direct Deposit Payments

If the last two digits of your Social Security number are:

Your economic stimulus payment deposit should be sent to your bank account by:

00 – 20

May 2

21 – 75

May 9

76 – 99

May 16

Paper Check

If the last two digits of your Social Security number are:

Your check should be in the mail by:

00 – 09

May 16

10 – 18

May 23

19 – 25

May 30

26 – 38

June 6

39 – 51

June 13

52 – 63

June 20

64 – 75

June 27

76 – 87

July 4

88 – 99

July 11

1 comment:

Misty said...

very helpful, we were wondering... It's all so bizarre though...

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...