Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Gas prices got you down?


Yesterday gas was $3.359 and now today it is $3.459 by me. Gas prices are supposed to hit over $4 this summer according to the Associated Press. I know they have said that in summers past, but this summer I see it happening.

There are tons of tips out there to help save on gas. The ones I found most useful are ~

  • Combine errands. It is the short trips that take up the most gas.

  • Don't idle the car when waiting. Also most cars do not need to be warmed up before driving them like they used to.

  • Drive the speed limit. The faster you go, the more gas you use.

  • Drive steadily. Don't take off fast, ease your car into desired speed. Also pay attention to where you are at. If you are coming up to hill, you can let off the gas a bit. If you are approaching your destination, don't speed up, etc.

  • Keep your car tuned & tires filled correctly.

  • If possible, walk places {great exercise as well}

  • Carpool if possible

Here are some sites that have great tips ~

Thirty Gas Saving Tips

15 ways to save money on gas

3 comments:

Chandra said...

I'll do anything to save some money on gas... except slow down! I've got to get where I'm going! Ha! Ha!

Real World Martha said...

Great tips!!!
Debbie aka The Real World Martha(S)
http://realworldmartha.wordpress.com

Misty said...

good tips, my friend... I am happy to have a fuel efficient car, but still...

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...