Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend Snapshot ~ Tornado Scare


On Friday we had a Tornado Scare. I don't think we have ever heard the sirens going off, so it freaked out the kids when they did. We didn't even end up getting that bad of weather {luckily}. Not looking forward to the tornado season with my 6 year old. She was a mess all night & even brought it up Saturday & Sunday. "Why did that tornado have to ruin my Friday?"

I've been wanting to make an Emergency Kit for awhile now & realize that I need too. I couldn't find any of my flashlights or anything. Luckily I had the Radio thing with a flashlight that I got fro free from Buy.com out & was able to get to it. Cam wouldn't let go of it the entire evening.

5 comments:

Me & my puppies said...

Glad to hear it never arrived. Hope your daughter feels safer now.

SandyCarlson said...

That's an adventure I can live without! What a brave family. Good luck through this season.

Laura @ Laura Williams' Musings said...

We had weather here like that on Friday.

I posted about it. http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2008/04/bad-weather-day.html

Chandra said...

Friday was a little rough in Alabama, too! Glad y'all made it through OK!

Jenny said...

I suffered a tornado scare once. I wasn't afraid but still...it's freaky.

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...