Monday, May 12, 2008

Review ~ Baby Jamz Jammin' Microphone


I was recently sent the Baby Jamz Jammin' Microphone to try out. I was excited because I love the concept behind Baby Jamz, they are the first hip-hop/rhythm toy line.

The microphone is for ages 18months & up. I gave it to my 6 year old daughter to try out, and I couldn't get it away from her. My 10 year old daughter was even fighting for a turn with it. She told me I better not right that, but hey to me it proves how great this toy is! Their favorite feature is the recording device. I can't even tell you how many things Cammie has recorded since receiving it. Singing, animal noises, talking. The animal noises was so that her Webkinz could talk back to her. The creativity that this toy brought out was amazing to me. I figured she would just play that she was singing with it, but she used it for so many other things.

You can't beat the price either, only $9.97 at Walmart. Which is where you go for the full line of Baby Jamz products. It is very durable as well, it was dropped quite a few times and is still working perfect. The girls have actually been using it so much, that in the evening I've had to hide it.

The product says 18 months and up. I'm not sure that real little ones would get much use out of. The keys to play the songs would be fun, but I'm not sure they would get the recording of it. I let our 2.5 year old neighbor play with it & she loved it as well. The kids figure it out right away as well, none of them needed instructions on how to work it. It does take batteries, so you can replace them as needed.

I would highly recommend giving this a gift, I'm sure it would be a favorite for boys & girls anywhere from 18 months to probably 5 years. Kids older would enjoy it, but might feel silly receiving it. I am hoping that the company will start making more products geared towards older kids as well because what they have so far is fabulous.

Features & Specifications

Baby Jamz Jammin' Microphone lets baby sing along to favorite Baby Jamz tracks. You can speed up and slow down the tempo as well as record baby?s voice.

Baby Jamz Jammin' Microphone:

  • Plays six favorite tunes:
    • Bingo
    • Old MacDonald
    • Twinkle, Twinkle
    • Skip to My Lou
    • This Old Man
    • Mary Had a Little Lamb
  • Gives baby a chance to sing along
  • You can speed up and slow down the tempo
  • Also lets you record baby's voice

Want It: Currently Walmart carries the full line of Baby Jamz products. You can buy the Baby Jamz music downloads from Amazon though.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I need a birthday present for a 3 year old this weekend, this looks perfect, thanks!

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...