Saturday, May 31, 2008

SSS ~ Walgreens & Joanns



I didn't go to CVS this week at all, I do plan on going tomorrow to use my last $5 off $15 coupon, so hopefully they have some good deals. I did take advantage of that $10 of $30 coupon at Walgreens though. The Walgreens didn't have the new books out, but the girl behind the counter had one. She told me it wasn't good till June 1st, so I had to show her that it was in fact good. She was like oh, he he. Glad I checked before heading out! I was just going to pick up the rebate stuff, but I decided to get a new cooler. I swear by coolers in the summer, even if we are only going out for an hour or two. My girls are always thirsty & it is to expansive to hit the gas station while out. They only had the one I bought & then a more expansive one. I liked how tall this one is, yet think enough to still fit on the floor of my car. It was $19.99 with a $5 rebate, so after coupon it ends up being $5. If you factor in my 10% bonuses, it will end up being free if I stick with rebate stuff next month! I also picked up the calcium, vitamins, Ecotrin & water filter. Ended up being $2.41 OOP + I used 28.69 on my Gift Card. I will be getting back 24.97 back with rebate + ~ 2.50 (10%). Love playing the drugstore game :)

Later, my daughter had a 4 hour fun night at school. I was scheduled to work part of it, but after I was done she was like Yeah you can go. Oh my baby is getting closer & closer to being a teenager! I decided to run to Michaels & Joanns to use some coupons. I originally wanted flip flops at Joanns, but the sizes were to vague, so have to bring my daughter. I did find these great Space Project things, my daughter has a gigantic Space Board Game project due on Monday. They got it Tuesday, yep less then a week. It is also due just 4 days before school is over & worth 100 points! I think the biggest project they have had has only been worth 50. These were .50 a piece. I got a space border for poster board, blue glitter letters, silver/gold moon & stars & then 9 die cut planets. Should really help her project!

I also found that cute pirate chipboard set, and then iron ons. I found that cute owl for me, the ice cream for my 6 year old & then the Rock for my oldest. Everything was .50, I spent $4 plus tax on all that. I'm thinking about going back to pick up more of the poster board project things. Can't beat the price & nice to have hand. My youngest is only going into 2nd grade, so she has years of projects. My oldest is going to Middle School, so I'm sure they will be thrown with crazy projects as well.

Visit more Super Savings Saturday.


5 comments:

Jendeis said...

Here from NaComLeavMo. My MIL always keeps a cooler bag in the trunk of her car just in case she does shopping and needs to keep stuff cold. I always thought it was such a great idea.

Kymberli said...

I'm here through NaComLeavMo. I'm always amazed at how couponers like you can get so many things practically for pennies. Maybe that's something I should explore more of while I have some time on my hands this summer!

Your daughters are adorable!

Brigindo said...

Returning your visit via NCLM. I could certainly use a lesson or two from you on deals and coupons.

kcmarie122 said...

Hello There! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! Thanks for helping me achieve my new busiest day!

Tanya said...

Holy... and I thought I was doing well to actually use A coupon.

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...