Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Vintage Thingies Thursdays

I have this little Vintage Brooch from my Grandmother that I just adore, measures about 2 inches. It is 2 large Red Rhinestones with Clear Rhinestones for the Ears & Collar accents. Cats are my favorite, so I think it is just adorable. She has gold whiskers & tail. I love Vintage Costume Jewelry. I love how big it is, talk about bling bling back then, lol. My grandmother moved to New York in the late 1950's from New York. I believe this piece is from the 60's, but I'm not sure. They moved from New York I believe in the 70's. Depending on when this is from, it was either purchased in New York City or Detroit.




10 comments:

Lidian said...

That is a spectacular pin - I love it!

iluvretrothings said...

oh that's so pretty :-)

Karla said...

Very cute cat pin!!

The Apron Queen said...

Love your bling bling! I have some of my grandmother's items also. Thanks for sharing! :D

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

Jewelgirl said...

I love your pin, yes probably
1950's or 1960's. Does it have
any mark on the back? This might
help you date it. My other blog
Jewelgirl is about old jewelry :)

Scooterblu's Whimsy said...

Your broach is so pretty, and with sentimental ties...how sweet!

Congrats to your daughter on her 5th grade graduation! Looks like it was a cute ceremony! They grow way too fast don't they?

~Rhonda ;)

Carrie said...

Aren't rhinestone pins a lot of fun! I have a few that I enjoy very much.

Mamacita said...

Very pretty pin! Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

Robyn said...

I have a very similar cat pin but yours is (a) vintage and (b) red which makes it far superior in my book. That said, I do get a lot of positive comments whenever I wear mine - you must dazzle everyone with yours.

Thanks for your NCLM visit and comment on my photos.

Emily said...

Wow! It is gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing!

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...