Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend Snapshot ~ Baby Birds



I still have to sort through all my dance pictures from the girls dance rehearsal. I took 3gb worth of pictures & videos :) I was bummed because I ran out of space before the day was over. We ended up being there from 10am to 10:30 pm. My poor six year old fell asleep slide stage waiting to go for Hairspray. She missed her first song & everything. My 10 year old brought her out to me. I gave her some fruit snacks, pretzels & water. Then I bribed her with a Lil Kinz Yorkie to go back & actually practice her lines. She doesn't have lines till the end of the 2nd act, so she had plenty of time to sit on my lap & rest.

So, my weekend snapshot is of some new baby birds we found outside our tree last night. My kids were so excited. I couldn't get a good picture, I'm hoping to try again later on. The girls got to see the mama feed the babies, so they were thrilled. This will officially be the first thing to go in their Nature Notebooks!

7 comments:

Ladynred said...

Nice take on the the baby birds. Congrats on your 2 dancers.
Cooking and Baking

Misty said...

i love it! When we lived in MI we had a dove that came back to our deck every year to lay her eggs. We loved it!

kailani said...

That's so adorable! We used to have a nest right by our front door. We put up a sign so everyone knew not to disturb them!

BTW, love your site design. Pink and polka dots are my favorite!

Thanks for stopping by. Aloha!

tigerfish said...

You must have kept real quiet and silent while taking this picture? :D
Do not disturb....hhahahha!

eastcoastlife said...

So lucky to see a bird nest and baby birds. I haven't seen one for a long long time since I moved to the city.

Sheen said...

Lovely. :)
2 dancers eh... wonderful!

ces said...

lovely shot on the nest and baby birds!

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...