Friday, June 6, 2008

Field Day & Last Day of School ~ Hurray!

Yesterday was the all day field day at my daughters school, which would explain why I only made one post yesterday :)

I worked the entire day, not sure what I was thinking. It was a 9 - 3:30 schedule. I was scheduled in the Reptile room & it ended up being very interesting. I got to hold a Leopard Gecko & a Blue Tongued Skink. There was also a tortoise & a bunch of snakes. I wouldn't hold the snakes, but I did have to help unwrap a boa constrictor from another mom's neck. They needed adults to hold the reptiles so that the kids could pet them.


I asked my 5th grader to get some pics of the Skink & this is what she took. Ugh, what am I doing? LOL. Oh well, at least a got a photo. I realized that I really want a Gecko, I fell in love with it! The skink likes to bury it's head under your arm. The guy said they think you can't seem them because he can't see you. Thought that was funny.

Today is the last day of school. The girls had a half day. My oldest came home with her shorts covered in signatures. To say, I was just a bit angry.

It is super hot, my computer is in a room without a fan, so have to go cool off.

I decided today that I would have a separate blog for contest listings. I will still hold giveaways on this blog though. Hopefully that will at least keep my posting a day down by one.

4 comments:

Misty said...

They look adorable! And you too, with your friend that I might only look at, but never hold...

alicia said...

neat, reptiles! your girls are cuties too!

here from NaComLeavMo

Stephanie said...

Such a great photo of your girls! They're beautiful!

Heather J. said...

Oh man, I would have LOVED to hold the snake!!! My son, on the other hand, would have completely freaked out. ~LOL~

(Hi! from NaComLeavMo)

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...