Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cyber Shower for Candace of Mamanista.com

Happy Panda and lots of her friends, including the Cushie Pushie Company and Goodies for Mom are giving Candace of Mamanista.com a cyber baby shower to celebrate the upcoming birth of her little boy. The party is going on July 7-July 17th and everyone is invited. There are tons of fun games to play, so make sure to participate!

The Most Inspirational Story

This would be my first pregnancy. I was 19 years old, I wanted a girl very badly. About 3 months into my pregnancy, I started having bad back pains. I thought it was from the pregnancy. Honestly, I'm not sure what I was thinking considering I gained a total of 17 lbs my entire pregnancy, but I was 19 & I had heard that pregnancy was hard on your back. Anyways, I had bad back pains, but my doctor visits always went well. My mom even bought me one of those belts to help with pain & my belly was so small it wouldn't even stay down. By 5 months (around July 4th actually) I was very sick. Terrible pain, bad chills, etc. On the day I finally went to the hospital, I was wearing jogging pants & was wrapped in a comforter, this was July 2nd (and very hot!).

I ended up having a bad kidney infection. While the doctors were trying to figure out what to do with me, I caught pneumonia from the hospital. I was 21 weeks I believe. They decided to drain my kidney of the blood, but my pneumonia got so bad I had to be rushed to ICU & put on a ventilator. My mom brought in a priest to pray over me & I totally freaked out. Talk about being scared & I screamed at him to get out. Yeah that is a fun memory even I'm not religious, lol. I had to be put into a medicated coma for several days.

The doctors did tell me it was a good thing because the tube to drain the blood would have hurt & they don't do anything for it. Yeah, lucky me right! Nobody thought my baby would live. They did ultrasounds every hour & she just kept on kicking away. My mom said it was amazing, I was getting sicker & sicker but my little belly kept on growing. They actually had a hard time finding the babies heartbeat. There was a nurse in the ICU with her dying husband. She felt so bad for us, that she did the ultrasounds. She was the only one that could find her heartbeat.

I ended up being in the hospital for 2 weeks. When I made it to my 30th week, my entire doctor office cheered. They told me if I could just get to 30 weeks, my little girl would have a good chance. Right after that I started getting very sick at night. Would throw up every single night around 2 or 3 am. After a couple weeks, my husband noticed blood in my puke. He took me to the hospital, I believe it was 33 weeks. While waiting in the emergency room, I went into labor. And yes the wait really was that long, talking hours! I went up the lady at the desk & told her I had a really weird feeling on my stomach, like a pulling. She ran & got a wheel chair, lol. I took an entire weekend & tons of meds to get my labor to stop. On the Sunday, I had a weekend doctor & I begged her to let me go home. They had wanted me to stay till I delivered. After my last stay, I couldn't stand hospitals. She finally agreed & put me on a pill to take. My doctor was pretty ticked when I went in on the Monday. They had me come back in on Friday. The med was causing my heart to beat to fast, so she told me take it through Sunday & stop.

You guessed it, that night I went into labor. At this point, they told me they would just deliver. My water never broke, so we were waiting for my husband to get home from work. He of course got a flat tire & missed the time they were going to break my water. The lovely doctors told me they would just wait till the following morning. They figured every day they could stretch it out would be better. They finally broke my water on Tuesday morning around 11am. I delivered at about 45 minutes later.

Aly was 6 weeks early, weighed 5lbs5.5oz. She was pretty healthy considering! I have since found out that the meds did cause some muscle problems which were pretty much cleared up by toddler age. She does struggle with school quite a bit though. I am just thankful it worked out the way it did.

The Best, Worst, or Funniest Advice for Expectant Mothers.

  • I am not the greatest at advice, but my biggest advice is to listen to your gut. Whenever I have doubted mine, it usually turned into a mistake.

  • Kids will be kids, learn to go with the flow. Nobody is perfect. You have to learn to laugh, pick your battles & always have a camera handy! I have found when my kids mess up the house, sharpie the walls, smear poop over everything if I snap a picture & laugh it makes it easier (except the poop part, ew gross!)

  • If you house is messy, so what. When baby naps, you nap! You can clean later, when they are older! Well out of the house maybe, lol.



Here are some of the great prizes being offered that I'd love to win:

  • Runaway Rabbit is giving one lucky winner a pair of Classic Bunny Slippers. Runaway Rabbitclassic bunny slippers represent home, comfort and practical luxury - it’s what you would rather be wearing!
  • Hipster Tots will present one winner with a free Boutique Book with their choice of cover design, shipped free. Shower participants will receive 20% off through July at www.HipsterTots.com when they use the code MAMANISTA upon checkout.
  • Stuff for Sprouts is giving away a 3-pack of Lip Stuff for Crispy Kissers (one in each flavor: PB & J, Chocolate and Frosting) a generously sized balm with a handy oval shape, is perfect for one-swipe application to even the most resistant “Sprout.” The Olive Butter intensive formula is smooth, long-lasting, and, most importantly, super-effective in wiping out winter-chapped lips.
  • Chesapeake Ribbons is offering a$25 gift certificate to spend in their online store (does not include S&H). Classic handmade ribbon for the entire family…with a cause!

4 comments:

Mama Luxe said...

Thanks for playing!

That is wonderful that everything worked out. You sound like you were so strong through everything! And that's impressive your baby was so big considering how early you delivered and how little weight you gained.

Kristinia - Loving Heart Mommy said...

WOW she was a good size despite the fact she was born early, my Mom said I was born a month early and I was 6lbs at birth! Glad to hear all is well with your children!

I see your also a fellow SITS member!

I'm going to look around your bloggy some more!

Happy Panda said...

WOW - What a story! Hats off to you and thank you for playing.

Happy Panda said...

Congrats! You won for the most inspirational story.

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...