Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My tween is getting jealous of her little sister ...


My poor tween is getting jealous of her little sister lately. Now that I am reviewing products, my little one gets some cool stuff to try out. There is never anything for my older one. I did get a cool new notebook for her to try out (review coming soon!). That didn't ease her pain though, lol.

I wish there were more products geared towards tweens. Not just to review of course. I have noticed that during holidays, popular searches are always what to get a tween. It is a hard age, growing out of toys, but still too young to enjoy teenager & adult items. The things that they do seem to like start getting expensive.

Even with clothes though, you see so many shops geared towards babies & toddlers, barely any towards the little bit older girl. Too bad I wasn't more crafty, it would be a great market to get into it.

I will have to be on a hunt now for cool products for the tween girl. If you know of any or sell something & want it featured here, just contact me!



7 comments:

Kim @ What's That Smell? said...

Your girls are beautiful!

BTW, thanks for stopping by and leaving get well wishes for my friend!

Rebecca @ Freaky Frugalite said...

I got my kids stuff like computer software-- educational stuff like Mastering Greek or Paint Shop Pro. A camera and a video camera are great gifts. I think tweens need stuff to do, not play with. This is a time when the child's likes and dislikes show up, and some hobbies lead to careers. Hope that helps somewhat. Have fun!

Apple Joos said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog today! It's good to know there are other people out there who prefer the books to the movie sometimes.

Tip Junkie said...

That's got to be tough. My middle son is green with envy a lot too and I'm not quite sure how to handle it.

Your girls are darling!

Momma Mary said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It was a couple of weeks ago through NCLM. :) We did manage to get there AND back with our toddler.

I'm not looking forward to the tween years. I wonder how hard it will be with a boy? I'll let you know in a few years!

Misty said...

now that my daughter is headed to tweenage, I so agree with the disappointment in a lack of things geared towards them!

Nancy Murphy said...

Ginny -

One of my favorite gifts for tweens is the PSA Essentials custom stamps. The stamps can be personalized with their name and initials or just their name.

They can use their stamp to make stationary, note cards, stamp back to school folders and more. The stamps come in several different designs so the customer can pick the font and style that represents the tween.

Here is a link:
http://www.blooming-babies.com/custom-self-inking-stamps.html

I hope you get a few more product reviews for tween items.

Talk to you soon -
Nancy

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...