Sunday, July 27, 2008

Snacktivate

If you have kids, then you know all about SNACKS! If your kids are like mine, then you get sick of hearing the word Snack, especially in the summer. To encourage moms to turn snack time into an opportune time for good nutrition and family fun, the Kellogg Company has teamed up with family life expert Deb Geigis Berry and registered dietitian Rachel Brandeis to give moms a way to create healthier snacks for their kids while spending quality time with their kids. The initiative is called Snacktivate, and it helps moms incorporate kids into meal planning and preparation by providing healthy recipes and snack options that are as much fun to make as they are to eat. When Mom Central asked me to join this blog tour, I was pretty excited.

At this point in the summer, I am fresh out of ideas for new snacks for the kids. With this new program from Kelloggs, I have an arsenal of new, healthy recipes for my girls snacks. I was sent 2 boxes of Mini Wheats, an awesome new cereal take along cereal bowl and the recipe for Sassy Sunpops (find about 1/2 way down the recipe page). I have to admit, I normally don't bake, and if I do it is from a box. These looked good though and I was anxious to try the Mini Wheats in a recipe. My girls always insist they love mini wheats, but will never actually eat them. I even had the flaxseed, unopened because I had no idea how to use it, lol. I did everything but the cookie stick. The girls really enjoyed them, except the almonds. Next time I will just skip the almonds. I thought they were good though with the almonds!

The snacktivate website has tons of information. I have spent a lot of time browsing it over the last week. I'm really looking forward to making some of the fall and winter recipes. Especially the spooky snack tote, turkey treats and sweet snowballs. There are tons of pdf downloads, go on check it out ...



Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...