The Banana Splits are BACK!


The Banana Splits are back ladies and gentlemen! Do you remember The Banana Splits from the late 1960's? If you are like me, either not born then or too young to remember, here is what Wikipedia has to say ~

The Banana Splits Adventure Hour, syndicated as The Banana Splits and Friends Show, was an hour-long package television program featuring both live action and animated segments, that ran for 31 episodes on NBC Saturday mornings from September 7, 1968 to September 5, 1970. The series was produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions, the Banana Splits characters were designed by Sid and Marty Krofft and the series' sponsor was Kellogg's Cereals.


Sounds good right? I was a huge Hanna-Barbera fan when I was little. Well good news, Starting Sept 2, The Banana Splits will star in brand new comedy shorts and music videos on Cartoon Network. This Fab Four – Fleegle (a dog), Drooper (a lion), Bingo (a gorilla) and Snorky (an elephant) are ready to introduce their unique style of humor and catchy music to a whole new generation of young fans.

This month a brand new website debuted for kids age 4 - 7. They can watch comedy shorts, music videos, play games join the banana splits club.

My girls thought it was cute. My youngest (7) enjoyed the website, the videos & the songs. If you have children 7 and under, I think they would enjoy this show. The website is geared for 4+, but I'm sure even 2 and 3 year olds will enjoy the music and the shows.

The Banana Splits Website is worth checking out. I'm not sure if this will work, but here is a link to one of the shows. Thanks to Warner Bros for the clip!


Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

Angela said...

I used to love this show! We'll definitely have to look for it. My kids love watching the old ones as much as I used to!

St Ives Even & Bright Scrub and Body Wash

I love Amazon's Subscribe and Save Service, use it for a ton of things. This is a great deal right now, St Ives Even & Bright  ...