Saturday, August 2, 2008

Blog the Recession



Motherhood Uncensored has come up with a fun idea to help out the bloggers suffering from money problems. Hate to admit, I'm one of them. We've been struggling in Michigan for several years. It is hard! With gas & the rising cost of food alone, things get tough.

Here is the concept ~

The premise is simple. If you read blogs, then for the month of August, make the "pledge" to click through from your feed reader. No obligation to leave a hilarious comment or send a long stalkerish email (although both, within reason, are always lovely). Just click through to the blog (not on ads unless you are so led) and if you're feeling generous, click around to their older posts.

Just those extra page views can make a big difference for bloggers who could really use the help!

Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

11 comments:

Adrienne said...

Great idea! I stumbled, hopefully more will follow suit.

Julie said...

Great idea! I should post it on my blog and link it back to you... Hopefully more will do it too. Julie @ couponsavingfamily

Lee W. said...

Hi Ginny- you're my blog swap partner! I love your site- the reviews are great. Your girls are so gorgeous. I have boys, so no pretty clips or barrettes here. I love how pro-active your site is. Keep up the good work!

quitecontrary1977 said...

hadn't heard about this one. great idea.i think i need clarification, though. how does this work? getting your numbers up helps for what getting ads? reviews? you know I'm from Mississippi so I need things explained to me twice. haha!

Heidi said...

Hi, I'm here from the blog swap. I love all your money-saving ideas. We're in the same boat: my husband just finished his master's degree and is looking for a teaching job, so we're living on one income --and paying for two international adoptions!

CDJ said...

Thanks for your comment. Isn't this a great idea! I'm definitely joining in!

tata said...

I found you through Kristin's site and before posting about it, I thought I'd go through and comment on all the blogs she listed, as well as those who left comments! So I'm in!!!

TheAngelForever said...

I just joined the Blog the Recession. Such a great idea and fun as well. Another fun perk is finding great new blogs to frequent :)

Andrea said...

Just clicking through for Blog the Recession month - it's making me come out from lurking!

Daisy said...

fun. I'm amazed (but not shocked) at the sheer number of blogs signed up for Blog the Recession. I'm going through the M list today; it's taking me (let's see) two tennis games and a handball match! I'm watching the Olympics, can you tell?

Caroline said...

Hello! I am trying to do my part to blog the recession!

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...