Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain picks his VP ~ Sarah Palin

Well I blogged about Obama making his pick, so why not blog about McCain. The day after I posted that, I actually had a subscriber leave because I was offensive. I got a kick out of that.

I was at the hospital today waiting for my mom to get a test done when McCain was making his announcement. I couldn't believe how many people started gathering around the tv. Not only people waiting for a patient like I was, but workers as well. It was kind of interesting to hear what other people thought about it. Most were not happy (they were all republican & only one guy was happy with vp choice). One lady stormed off & said "We might as well just give it to Obama right now" Another lady kept on saying, I don't know her, nobody knows her. Then a man was telling us all about her, he seemed quite happy with the choice.

The women that kept saying nobody knew her, said it was a good way to get the Hillary voters. I sure hope that isn't true. Being a Hillary supporter, I couldn't see myself turning away from my beliefs just to vote for a women VP. The reason I liked Hillary was not because she is a Women at all. It was because I agreed with her on many issues.

I'm not sure how I feel on the matter though. My initial feeling though was that McCain now has a better chance of winning over Obama. It is like a game, it was obvious the voters want some kind of change & with how popular the "women" choice & the "black" choice was, McCain had to get in on that action. It will be interesting to watch how it all turns out. On a side note, Palin is very pretty. It is nice to see a women in office that actually has {long} hair. It seems most women with any kind of power cut their hair short. I liked seeing a women actually look like a women, and be a strong women. If only we agreed on the issues :)

* Just in case, looks mean nothing to me in politics, just stating I thought she was pretty *
* Also nothing wrong with short hair *
* Since I'm giving disclaimers, I will also say yes I am pro-choice but I feel terrible about abortion (for both the fetus/unborn baby & the Mother that has to make that choice). I just believe women should have a choice with what they do, it is a personal choice that you have to make on your own. I'd love to see some more education coming through for girls/young adults/women in helping them to better understand different choices they can make with forms of birth contril, pregnancy, adoptions etc. Something that might possible lower the abortion rate, but not take it away. If it is banned, we will just have more women dying from back street abortions, it will never stop. *



Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

3 comments:

Chandra said...

Thanks for posting the other side, too! I'm actually a conservative republican who just enjoys your blog. (I just don't get a chance to comment much anymore). I take no offense to someone having an opinion different than mine and can really respect someone that represents both sides with intelligence. Thanks.

The Boy, Sagan said...

Hey Ginny!
Sarah Palin is a creationist. This basically means she doesnt believe in evolution. She believes the earth is about 6000 years old and wants this taught in schools. McCain is 72 years old today. If he dies in office, and she becomes president, it will mean we have someone with zero experience running our country who believes all abortion should be made illegal, the earth is 6000 years old, and who is basically an inexperienced puppet of big oil and the evangelicals. I think the american female population is smarter than McCain thinks we are - that we wont just vote for someone because they have a vagina. I'll subscribe to your feed to make up for the one reader who left, don't worry. :)

Ginny said...

Chandra ~ I was thinking about you the other day actually. Thanks so much for the comment. I was bummed when you stopped your blog, glad to see you are still around!

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...