Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Review ~ My Bag and Me! Book


I've got the cutest book for kids, to help teach them about reusing bags to help the environment. The book is My Bag and Me! by Karen Farmer, Illustrated by Gary Currant. Sometimes it is hard explaining to kids why it is important to reduce, reuse and recycle. This book helps kids to understand the importance of carrying your own bag while shopping.

My Bag and Me! is a 12 page board book. In the back of the book, a drawer pulls out with a child size reusable Tyvec bag like the one the little boy in the story uses. Both the book and the bag are 100% recyclable.


The book is short and very easy to understand for any age. I like that it comes with the bag, that helps enforce the idea of cutting down on plastic bags. The bag is child sized, great for toddlers & pre-schoolers that insist on having their very own bag when they get something new.


List price is $10.95 US

You can buy My Bag and Me! at Amazon right now for $9.31 with free shipping on orders over $25. You can also find it for as low as $5.49 + 3.99 shipping from other Amazon sellers.










Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

4 comments:

AudreyO said...

Hi, I'm Audrey. I'm finally getting a chance to read all of the blogs from the bloggy carnival and loving what I'm finding.

What an incredibly clever idea. Both of my kids have grown up recycling, but what a fun way to teach young children.

AudreyO said...

Hi, I'm Audrey. I'm finally getting a chance to read all of the blogs from the bloggy carnival and loving what I'm finding.

What an incredibly clever idea. Both of my kids have grown up recycling, but what a fun way to teach young children.

Nicole Feliciano said...

I did a green-theme month too. Here is another recommendation for your readers:

Knut (about a Polar Bear) read more here:

http://momtrends.blogspot.com/

This month is all about Back to School. 4 contests to come!

Amanda said...

this is adorable! my girls would love this.

I'll have to pick one up for them. thanks