Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunny's Adventures ~ Children's Mystery Book

My favorite books are mysteries, so I find myself always buying kid mystery books for my girls as well. Sunny's Adventures by Leketha Marie Johnson is a really fun mystery book for kids. It is geared towards ages 9 - 12 since it is a chapter book. I did read it to my 7 year old. She had a ton of fun helping Sunny solve the mysteries.

Sunny's Adventures takes readers through 5 different mysteries. The cases include the case of the lost puppy, the disappearance of a diamond ring, a missing pie, a missing doll and a stolen turtle mascot. Each chapter has a break down of clues that Sunny used to solve each mystery. This is great for reading comprehension and to help promote thinking skills. My daughters favorite was the missing doll since they both love dolls.

This book doesn't get old either, Cami has asked me to read it to her several times already since arriving in the mail. Sunny is a very likable character that is bright and not afraid to show her smarts. Another thing that I really like about the book is how easy it is to discuss. I have enjoyed spending time with the girls talking about the clues and the way Sunny has solved the mysteries.

You can download free coloring pages for Sunny's Adventure. Also be sure to sign up for the newsletter! You can buy the e-book for a discounted price of $6.95 or you can buy the actual book for $12.95 + shipping at the websites shop.

Sunny's Adventures can also be purchased at Amazon, but hurry there is a limited quantity left! It is currently $11.01 + is eligible for free shipping on orders over $25.00

Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

3 comments:

max said...

Hi,

I grew up as a reluctant reader. Now I write action-adventures & mysteries, especially for tweens, that kids hate to put down. My web site is at http://www.maxbooks.9k.com and my Books for Boys blog is at http://booksandboys.blogspot.com I also have a short story in a new book called LAY UPS and LONG SHOTS, published by Darby Creek Publishing.

My other books are all ranked by Accelerated Reader

Max Elliot Anderson

alicia said...

I can't wait to be buying similar books!

here from ICLW

My name is Andy. said...

I'll have to keep an eye out for those. My son and I are currently reading the Magic Treehouse series, and these sound like they would be fun for him too.

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...