Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Blog Trip Day 2 ~ GAS



Gas right now is at $3.699 for Regular by me in Michigan. It was supposed to go up for Labor Day but I didn't really see an increase.

It was over $4 about a month ago, so I'm glad to see the prices going down. I can't believe I am excited about under $3.70, lol. Does anyone else have gas stations that charge less for Cash sales? We have several around where I am at, it is up to .10 cheaper to pay by cash. I didn't think you were allowed to charge for using debit/credit cards, but maybe the Gas companies made some kind of deal? A lot of the time the cheaper cash price, is similar to the gas stations that just charge one flat rate, so it isn't really like they are giving cash customers a deal.

Tips on saving gas, don't speed up & then break. Learn your area so you can coast to a stop, etc. My car gets terrible gas mileage, so I try to drive as little as possible. I try to combine my errands. Check your tire pressure, don't keep a ton of stuff in your trunk.

What are your gas trips?

Sorry for all the posts today, I still want to blog about my girls first day of school. I will try to keep it down tomorrow :)

If you are new here, check my sidebar, I am giving away a Precious Moments figurine!

Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Ginny your girls are dancers, Kai starts class tomorrow. How is ballet for 3 yaer olds? haha :)

Parker Family said...

I was so excited when it came down under $4, but we're still at about $3.95, so not much lower than $4!
sweetnsassygirls.blogspot.com

rmgales said...

Gas is $3.59 for regular in my area. It was over $4.00 a gallon at one point, so it's coming down. I get hit the hardest when I visit my daughter who lives about 600 miles away. Ouch!

The Boy, Sagan said...

Soph starts school tomorrow too, first time on the big yellow bus. I know Im gonna loose it. We're holding at 3.43 for gas here, but it changes so fast you never know what it will be by your next fill up.

Jen @ One Moms World said...

Yea we are finally at 3.68. It is crazy we get excited about that price isn't it? But like you, we were above 4.00 just not too long ago.

Because of gas prices we didn't take any long road trips this summer and just stayed around home.

The Mommy and Me Boutique said...

Hi, it is Day 3 of the Blog Trip - it is fun meeting a lot of new people.

Gin said...

Hi! Here from the blog trip...Seem like there a decrease in gas price everywhere. I just hope it continues to go down.

Who could resist blogging about their kids first days. :)

Have a nice day!

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...