Saturday, September 6, 2008

Cabbage Patch Kids 25th Anniversary

Cabbage Patch Kids bring back so many memories for me. Think back to 1983, it was my birthday and all I wanted was a Cabbage patch kid. My mom searched all over trying to find one with no luck. My grandma's friends ended up telling my grandma she could get one. My grandma thought great, that is what I will give Ginny for her present. She tells my mom not to worry, it is all taken care of. When I open my present, it is one of those FAKE cabbage patch kids that wonderful little old ladies used
to make. To say I wasn't devastated at the moment would be a lie, my mom as well. My mom promised me a real one as soon as she could find one, so the hunt continued. I did end up naming my little blond fake Cabbage Patch Kid Billie Jean though after the Michael Jackson song, isn't that funny?

We continued looking and eventually found my very first Cabbage Patch Kid. She had that brownish yellow hair with blue eyes. I can't for the life of me remember her given name, but I did change her name to Nicole. Soon after I got a baby boy to add to my collection, his given name was Garrett, can't remember what I changed it to. I believe it was Michael after my dad though. Being the spoiled brat that I was, I had tons of Cabbage Patch kids. My favorites were the cornsilk hair versions and then the adorable little newborns that bodies were filled with beans. I loved those things! I played with them so much, that the string making there fingers & toes always came undone.

Can you believe that it is Cabbage Patch Kids 25th Anniversary? To celebrate there will be Limited Edition 25th Anniversary Cabbage Patch kids hitting the store shelves this fall. These are the original Cabbage Patch Kids, first time being sold since the early 80's.

Each kid will be a one-of-a-kind commemorative exact reproduction of an original. They are actually using the original molds and the exact materials of the classics. This means same faces, clothing and names. Each kid is packaged in a beautiful keepsake package, have a special 25th Anniversary Xavier Roberts signature, a silver anniversary baby spoon, commemorative silver-stamped 25th Anniversary birth certificates and adoption papers. Suggested Retails is 29.99.

Team Mom sent me a pretty little red headed cabbage patch. Isn't she cute, I never had a red head before. I am a doll collector, so I just couldn't bare to open up this box. I have her sitting on my shelf. I'm keeping my eyes out for my first CPK, I am dying to get a brand new one!

You can purchase these dolls this fall in many retailers including Amazon.

Just had to include a picture of my youngest with her newest Cabbage Patch Kid :)

Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I {heart} CPK

Amee

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...