Monday, September 22, 2008

It's Fall ~ Thoughts, Favorites, Crafts

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. I used to say it was my favorite, but with the girls in school, Summer has actually taken that place. I love not having those homework fights! Plus in Michigan, even summer isn't the warmest, so I now treasure any warm weather we get.

Fall though is real close to the top of the list. I love the crisp cool air, the leaves changing, the new beginnings. Like January, September has all those starting fresh feelings you get. Back to structure, which is good in doses. I love going to the Cider Mill, picking out pumpkins. When I took photography classes, trees were my all time favorite thing to photograph. My favorite day trip was hitting all the cider mills getting pictures.

Some of my favorite fall activities ~

  • Going to the Cider Mill {pumpkin patch}
  • Walking the corn maze
  • hay ride {with tons of allergy meds first, lol}
  • Going to the park ~ you can enjoy it since it isn't so hot!
  • Apple picking
  • Leaf collecting
  • Fall crafts
  • Leaf rubbings
On the topic of crafts, there are so many great resources online to check out. Some of my favorites are ~

100 Days of Christmas has a great post with a free printable for your Fall storage containers here. You can also enter to win a candle on todays post, Falling for Fall.

Finally some great Fall Recipes ~

If you have any fall resources or ideas, please share them in the comments.

Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

9 comments:

Liza said...

thanks ginny! ever since i read that article 2 days ago, i kept on standing up, lol

tripmom827 said...

The thing I miss most since I moved away from Michigan is cider mills. Uncle John's being the absolute best. Happy Fall!

ICLW

Mrs Woggie said...

We call Fall 'Autumn' but it is one of my favourite times of the year too. I love that it is starting to cool down from our incredibly hot summers!

Here from ICLW.

Michelle said...

Hi from a fellow Michigander. I love love love fall. The colors are beautiful, the smell of the crisp air, and cider mills are the best. Sometimes it feels like we only have 2 seasons here, so I love when we have beautiful fall days.

Stephanie, Phil, Kayla, Logan & Alex said...

I used to live in Michigan and I really miss the apple orchards, fresh cider and doughnuts. I can smell them now.

ICLW

Halloween Doll Clothes Gal said...

Great post Ginny. My daughter loves crafts and we are also on the look out for new ones. I'll check out the sites - thanks for the tips.

Kristin said...

Those recipes look delicious. Thanks.

ICLW

Cara said...

Thanks for the great ideas! I have two VERY crafty kids and although I am creative I am NOT artsy!

ICLW

Aunt Becky said...

Here from ICLW. Thanks for the lists!

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...