Monday, September 1, 2008

Laborious Labor Meme ~ Happy Labor Day

In honor of Labor Day, Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer posted a meme about - what else? - labor, of course! Here are my answers.

How long were your labors?

Alli ~ 45 hours

Cami ~ 25 - 30 hours can't remember exactly

How did you know you were in labor?

Alli ~ I went into early labor at 32 weeks. We were able to stop it with major drugs that I still have nightmares about the effects. After 3 or 4 days, I begged the dr to please send me home (I hate hospitals). They agreed & gave me a pill to take to stop the labor. After 1 week on the pills, my heart was beating to quick to stay on them. The night I stopped taking them, the contractions started up almost immediately. This was a Sunday night, the waited till Tuesday early afternoon to finally break my water & I delivered 45 minutes later.

Cami ~ I started having painful contractions at 5 months. With my history with my first, they watched me closely. Once I made it to 34 weeks, they told me every day after that was a bonus & they wouldn't prevent delivery. My contractions became 10 minutes apart right around 35 weeks, so I had to go in. She was another one, they waited on the water breaking, when they finally did it, I had her about 45 minutes later.

Where did you deliver?

At the same hospital with both.

Drugs?

I was given some mild ones in my IV with both because they were making me wait to actually deliver, trying to give both girls more time to develop lungs, etc.

C-section?

Nope, I didn't want it & thankfully did need. Now that I know you can get a tummy tuck at the same time, I want that, lol.

Who delivered?

I honestly cannot remember either doctor that delivered that my girls. Both times was some different & not my main doctor.


Happy Labor day to everyone!


Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...