Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Movie Review ~ The Women 2008

Thanks to Dove and the Family Review Network, I was able to go and see the movie The Women. You may remember me mentioning this movie a few weeks ago. I was originally planning on going with my mom. However, my daughter put her cat in the closet and now she is not speaking to me :) Instead I got to enjoy a good movie by myself. I have never done that before. Pre-kids, I would have never stepped foot into a theater by myself, lol. Now that I have kids, I really enjoyed the freedom!

This film is for women, about women, directed by a woman. The cast is even comprised entirely of women. The Women is a remake of the 1939 classic film of the same name and stars Meg Ryan, Annette Bening, Eva Mendes, Debra Messing, Jada Pinkett Smith, Cloris Leachman, Bette Midler, and Candice Bergen.

The story centers on a group of gossipy, high-society women who spend their days at the beauty salon and haunting fashion shows. The sweet, happily-wedded Mary Haines finds her marriage in trouble when shop girl Crystal Allen gets her hooks into Mary's man. Naturally, this situation becomes the hot talk amongst Mary's catty friends, especially the scandalmonger Sylvia Fowler, who has little room to talk - she finds herself on a train to Reno and headed for divorce right after Mary.


If you like chick flicks, I recommend this movie. It has a great cast, plus the movie touches on many issues women face in a fun way including children, career, marriage, betrayal, and friendship.



Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

2 comments:

Misty said...

good job... I've heard mixed things about this movie but I'm hoping to get a chance to see it.

Halloween Doll Clothes Gal said...

I don't know the original movie but this one sounds great.

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...