Friday, September 19, 2008

Review ~ Skinn Wet Shine Lip Gloss

Dimitri James is the founder of Skinn Cosmetics. After working 20 years with the major cosmetic power houses, he started his own company in 2002. Dimitri wanted a company that put out quality products, not quality packaging at affordable prices.

Skinn offers its products only through televised home shopping, the internet and exclusive, privately owned spas throughout North America. This has allowed them to reach the maximum amount of people, while keeping overhead very low. Unlike most companies, they don't have expensive retail shops or New York office suites; you won't see costly magazine or prime time TV ads.

I was sent the Skinn Wet Shine Lip Gloss to test out and review. These come in 13 fabulous colors. I was sent the wet lips clear and the shade on the left of the picture. Sorry I will update the correct color because it is very pretty. However my tween snatched it from me because she loves it.

Beautiful diamond looking glosses that may be worn alone, or over lipstick for a sexy, shimmery pout. Packed with Vitamin E, Soy and Aloe to soothe even the driest of lips.

Retail Value: $12.50
Skinn Price: $9.50
You Save $3.00!

Size: 0.5oz (15ml)

I cannot wear lip stick because of my chapped lips. I do love lip gloss though. The Skinn lip gloss is amazing! I normally stick with clears, but the shaded one I was scent was very subtle. I really liked the look a lot. The gloss isn't sticky, made my lips feel soft, lasted a good amount of time. I really couldn't be happier with it. I would definitely buy this again when I run out. Even though I think that will be awhile because a little goes a long way!

I let my daughter wear the color gloss for her school pictures. It was perfect because it gave her a nice lip color that wasn't too drastic. It was a perfect solution to make us both happy! Even though now I lost my pretty lip gloss, lol.

Dimitri will be on the Shopping Channel in Canada on October 1st and he will be on Shop NBC for the US on October 29th. I really want to pick up those Patina eye shadows, look so pretty.

Last but definately not least, here is the environmental policy from the website ~

Environmental Policy

At Skinn we believe being good to the environment is as much a part of doing business as is making a profit. We purchase only recycled, recyclable and/or biodegradable packaging materials. We also reuse all packing material sent to us (packing peanuts, bubble wrap, etc). Finally, our products are never tested on animals.

It is very important for me that the company does not test on animals. I was very happy that this company never has!

Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

5 comments:

Doll Clothes Gal said...

Good review and it sounds like a great product - worth a go I thin.

Dee said...

Sounds a nice lip gloss.

Just a thought, does any cosmetic company test on animals anymore??? I think its a moot statement now, but I could be wrong. (Yet I am happy that testing doesnt happen anymore, I must add)
Congrats on your saucy blog

Ginny said...

You can find a list here of current companies that still do test ~ http://search.caringconsumer.com/search_list_icons.aspx?Donottest=-1&Product=0&Dotest=8

Dee said...

Wow, thanks Ginny, didn't know all that

Dee said...

Ginny, that is bad that they still test, I had no idea. Really makes you wonder why they do it now. There is no need.

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...