Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Shopping for Baby Gifts & Birthday Party

My daughter just got invited to a boys birthday party. Honestly I don't care much for the boy and not at all for the parents. I hate spending money on him, but she plays with him quite a bit and wants to go. I ended up finding some nice little action figures at Meijer on clearance.

My close friend just had a baby. At her shower I found a cute newborn baby gift for her, but what I really wanted to get, I had to wait till she named her little baby. I just love giving customized baby gifts, but that is impossible at the shower. Even if they think they know what they are having, there is always that chance of a surprise, lol. I did end up making her a generic scrapbook as part of her baby shower gift. That is the closest I could think of for personalized without actually seeing baby.

Now that she had her adorable baby girl, I can get her these cute custom leather baby shoes. I'm getting the pink with babies name plus adding on the adorable froggy pail. I love using pals for storage, they look so cute on a dresser. When the baby is little, they work great for little things like nail clippers, baby brush, etc. Then when baby gets older they can hold favorite toys or like I do hair accessories.

What do you prefer to give,
unique personalized baby gifts or generic gifts that can be used for either boy or girl and are possibly more practical?

Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

5 comments:

MrsSpock said...

I prefer a personalized gift. My favorite is a picture frame with the baby's name and birthdate from personalizationmall.com, plus a hand-crocheted blanket.

kateypie35 said...

I definitely prefer personalized gifts...one HUGE item on my wish list is an embroidery machine...so I can make custom blankets or onesies...they are so expensive, but I want one.....BAD!
Here from ICLW...

Livin Life 13 Weeks At a Time said...

Oh definitely personalized. I usually make a scrapbook for the people I give gifts too...for a baby shower I just tell them to give me pictures after the baby is born. Do you have any ideas for personalized wedding gifts?? For my wedding my friend got us a personalized door knocker. It was a great gift!!

Mama Zen said...

I have to vote for practical, especially for a first baby. Anything to help a brand new mom feel more prepared!

Halloween Doll Clothes Gal said...

Great tips - the personalized products are always the best.

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...