Monday, October 13, 2008

Ankle & Gym Woes

My daughter is a drama queen! She has loved wearing aced bandages ever since she was very young. There was always some kind of ankle problem, wrist problem, a cut on her knee, etc. A couple years ago in dance, she started bugging me to wear ace bandages to class. Usually it followed another dancer getting hurt. She never stopped her activities & usually only complained when it came time to, you know do homework or pick up her clothes.

This year though, she is 6th grade with daily gym class. Her gym class does a lot of running. Now if they stop running to walk, they lose points which will lower their grade. It is supposed to be on Fridays only, but it has been averaging at least twice a week of this non-stop running. My daughter has been coming home in major pain over it. I finally took her to the doctor for her ankle. Her pediatrician had her stay off it for one week to rest it. Took x-rays & said if it starts hurting again I have to go to a Orthopedic doctor.
Well it of course started hurting right away. I finally got her into an orthopedic on Friday. It was fun explaining why I waited so long, let me tell you. Luckily after stating that she tended to like ace bandages, and I was never sure if she was telling the truth or not. The doctor started nodding his head & said "Oh she is a drama queen". I was like, thankfully this guy understands & doesn't think I'm the worlds worst mommy. He says she has tendinitis & to just ice it when it hurts & use motrin for it whenever there is any pain. He wouldn't restrict her at all. I wish one of these doctors would at least write a note saying she does have ankle issues & if she needs to walk it is ok. Since they won't, if she needs to walk at all, she gets a lower grade. I think that is a bit unfair. This gym class is driving me insane. I thought gym played games/sports, etc. It seems all they do is make the kids run laps while they sit back talking & docking points.
I don't know if you can tell, but isn't this door gigantic. I was laughing the entire time we were waiting & my daughter was getting so bad. It reminded me of Alice in Wonderland, just opposite, lol. It was so huge!

Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

Dana said...

Hi, I got to your blog from mine (you entered my bracelet give away) any way this sure hits home. My daughter who is 11 is the very same way. When she was a bit younger she would use every bandaid in the box to cover every tiny scrap and bruise. Some were even non-existant. She has also been known to complain of something just to get out of something else, so I never know when she is actually hurting. I look forward to hearing more about you drama queen

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...