Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas Gift Guide ~ Pets

If you have a pet in your life, then you know how important they can be to the family. Since they are like part of the family, we want to include them in our Holiday Gift Giving. I've compiled a list of some of pet friendly gifts to give this Christmas.

Cats ~

Now if you are looking to do a handmade holiday, check out this Wiki Article on How to make a cat bed from an old sweater.

You can also make an adorable No Sew Fleece Cat Bed! Learn how over at Little Paws Pet Club. I saw these already finished on Etsy as well, if you aren't in the mood to make your own.

I came across the most darling Cat Quilts on Etsy a few weeks ago. They are sold at the shop called Colorado Catnip Toys. This is a "cat ran family business". Your cat deserves the best, and the best is COLORADO CATNIP TOYS! At least that is what her six cats say, and that many cats can't be wrong! You can choose from catnip toys, catnip mats and kitty quilts. Mats and quilts be customized, just convo her through etsy. All the toys use organic catnip purchased from the health food store, so it carries an extra punch. I was sent two of the Catnip toys and they are awesome. Very well made, my kitty loves them! I will have a full review up soon :)

If you aren't in the mood to make your own cat bed, you can check out Apartment C on Etsy. ~ "I started Apartment C the year after I graduated from college. I didn't have a job so I was able to mess around and figure out what I wanted to spend my time making. At first, I only made a pet bed for my cat. But after weeks of ignoring it, I listed it on Etsy and Apartment C pet beds were born. Now I work for the state of Maryland and sew as much as I can. My cat would still rather sleep in a box then any of my beds, but I keep at it, hoping one day, she might prefer a beautiful little bed. Visit www.allingwelsh.etsy.com for existing beds and pricing for custom orders. Thanks!!"

DVD For Cats: While You Are Gone


Dogs ~

Maiden US, has the most amazing non-slip grip barrettes. Now these are made for humans, however the non-slip grip works so well that they are Doggy Tested and Approved. If you dress up your doggy, I highly recommend getting some of these clips!

DVD For Dogs : While You Are Gone

Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

3 comments:

Colorado Catnip Toys said...

Hi,
Thank you a million purrs for the super write up on my catnip toys. I am glad your kitties loved them. My cats are my inspiration.

Meow,
Jana
Colorado Catnip Toys

Cara said...

Wow - you are really on top of gift giving for the whole family.

ilcw

Sherrylinn said...

Wonderful ideas, thank you! I know our cats are just like our children, well, a little furrier, but just as spoiled.

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...