Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veterans Day

MySpace Comments

I have this great photograph of my Grandpa standing in his Military Camp in Egypt. I had planned for over a week to post it, and I cannot find it. I'm so frustrated!

My grandpa served in World War II for the British Army. I joined the service at 16 years of age. I do not know much, but I do know he did get some medals for WWII & he did serve time in Egypt.

My Grandfather was raised in a orphanage, so when the boys turned 16, they joined the British Army. His mother died at the age of 2, and his father was a bar fighter in Ireland. He wasn't able to raise my Grandpa and his siblings, so they were sent away. Due to his history, I never heard to many stories about his past. He died while I was in middle school, so I never got to ask many questions.

When he died, he was given a beautiful Veteran funeral with an American flag over his casket.

Some fun Veteran Day Links for you to enjoy ~

US Department of Veterans Affairs
Printable Cards
Veterans History & Kid Activities
Veteran Day Crafts
Veteran Coloring Page

Veterans Day Shopping ~


I Love VETERANS DAY T-Shirt


World War II Veteran White T-Shirt



Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

4 comments:

georgie said...

That was a beautiful Veterans day post!
stopping by from SITS to say HI!

EmmaP said...

Oooh. I would still love to see the pic. Please post when you do find it! thanks for stopping by from SITS today!

Becca said...

My dad served in the Vietnam War and I have had many friends go to Iraq in the last few years. I am very grateful to our troops!

{Ashley B} said...

i would love to see that picture too. i love old pictures...doesn't matter if i know who it is or not. great veterans day post! boy am i thankful for the service of our troops!

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...