Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Who is behind that Phone Number?

I'm at the point, where I usually do not answer the phone if I don't recognize the number. I get so tired of those automated calls, people trying to sell you something and of course the dreaded bill collector. Especially when the bill isn't yours! I keep getting calls for a Michael & they do not believe me when I tell them ~ WRONG NUMBER!

One time, my husband tried getting them to stop calling me. I guess since he was a man, they really didn't believe him. They actually had the nerve to ask my husband his social security number. Like that would prove anything!

When I stumbled on the Harassing Caller Report website, I thought what a great idea. If you get a call, you can report the number on this website. That way everyone knows what calls to watch out for. What a great idea to allow users to comment about calls from certain numbers and let other users know what to expect from that number. Was it a sales call? Was it a wrong number? Let others know.


Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Genious!

I can't even tell you how frustrating it was to continuously get calls for "Spanky" on my new cell. Ugh.

Either Spanky was giving out my cell phone number to the ladies or never told his lady friends he didn't have that number anymore.

In my mind Spanky looks exactly like Duece Bigalow.

Misty said...

we've used that site too. The other thing we did with a harassing collector for someone else, is programed their number as "stupid" in the cell... then set it to ring as silent... we never knew they called again- but the did. :)

hippos toes said...

That's great to know. I am so sick of the same calls night after night!

Nancy Murphy said...

I wish people would stop spamming too!

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...