Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Book Review ~ A Jolly Good Fellow


Do you love to read, do you love Christmas? If so, I have a great book recommendation for you! A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW by Stephen V. Masse.


Two weeks before Christmas, Duncan Wagner gets into his car
for another attempt at kidnapping the son of his most despised enemy,
State Representative Win Booker. When he drives into the wealthy Boston suburb, he is surprised to find the boy hitchhiking. So begins Wagner’s quest for revenge as he finds himself face to face with a real boy, and without a clue about how to run a kidnapping. Wagner, a self-styled charity Santa Claus, comes to realize that eleven year old Gabriel Booker is truly a runaway, much more curious than scared. Gabriel has no idea who Duncan Wagner is—or could be.


This book is really good. It is a touching story about a lonely man and a child. The way the book is written, it really pulls you in. You want to find out what Duncan is going to do next. Why does he want to kidnap this boy? Why did Gabriel just get in the car, why was he hitchhiking? It is really a great read! Full of twists and humor.

The author, Stephen V. Masse wrote the first draft of this book in 6 weeks time. On his website he states ~

In a period of crushing depression, I holed up and wrote all day, every day for six weeks. I conjured up a man named Duncan and a boy named Gabriel, and put them together by kidnapping. The story came to me by itself; there was no outline or plot plan.
Several years and many re-writes later, I began to discover that Duncan and Gabriel both represent portraits of myself, and that writing the book was a way for me to kidnap my inner child and experience a bit of renewal, or what I call "inner parenting."

If you can find the time to read a little during this hectic this time of year ... Then pick up a copy of A Jolly Good Fellow. You can purchase the e-book for only $5 or the paperback for $14.95. You can also purchase a signed edition here. If you are just to busy, then pick it up & start reading after all the Christmas chaos is finished. I know myself, I'm usually a bit bored during the week from Christmas to New years. Great time to read and take a moment for yourself!

This would make a great stocking stuffer or gift for the reader in your life as well.

I want to thank Stephen and Tracee from Pump up your book promotion for including me in this blog tour. Please take a moment to support Stephen and check out his website. I love supporting Independent Publishers, some of the best written books!

Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

2 comments:

Trying to Stay Calm! said...

I'm new here! What a great blog :) ♥ Hugs!

The Blonde Duck said...

Oh hooray! I'll have to check him out!

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...