Inspired by a study which found that children consumed 23% more vegetables when paired with a moderate amount of ranch dressing, the makers of Hidden Valley® Salad Dressings created the Love Your Veggies™ campaign as a way to help parents and educators get children eating and enjoying their vegetables.
To help moms encourage their kids to eat more vegetables, the Love Your Veggies™ campaign teaches families how to eat healthfully, purchase and grow the best veggies, and find innovative ways to serve them with the following:
➢ a Web site full of information at www.LoveYourVeggies.com
➢ a school grant program to provide students with better access to fresh produce
➢ a mom retreat hosted by celebrity chef, Art Smith
They have a wonderful recipe section. I want to try the Chinese Lettuce Wraps, I know my 7 year old would love these. The Rock n Roll ups look good as well, and they are great for lunches! The website also has a fun activity section. You can download printables to do with your children!
Wait, that is not all ~ Hidden Valley also needs the help form moms. They created a contest inviting Moms to submit their brainstorms for a community garden. The garden can reside at a school, religious organization, neighborhood park, etc. and would ideally help to get the community involved in and excited about eating and enjoying more vegetables.
The ten lucky winners will receive an all-expense-paid trip to Chicago for classes and lessons on selecting and cooking the best vegetable dishes, dinner at Chef Smith's restaurant, Table Fifty-Two, plenty of pampering, and $5,000 to create or maintain their community gardens. Plus the winner will get Dinner prepared by the children of Chef Smith’s charitable foundation, Common Threads.
How to Enter: Parents can enter the Love Your Veggies™ Search for Veggie Champions Contest by completing and submitting an official entry form at www.LoveYourVeggies.com between October 30 and January 15.
Judging: Ten (10) grand-prize winners will be chosen by careful selection from all entries received. Judges will select parents who best demonstrate a commitment to eating well for themselves, their family and their community and interest in learning to engage kids in ways that increase vegetable consumption.
Prize Details: Winners will get a respite from their busy schedules to enjoy an all-expense-paid trip to one of the country's premier cities -- Chicago.
The prize package includes:
- Two days of fun and educational classes, field trips, cooking demonstrations and tastings with some of America's most notable food and nutrition experts. Workshops to include: vegetable gardening with children, grocery shopping for the healthy child and vegetable selection and meal preparation with little helpers.
- Personal instruction from Chef Smith, who brings a personal commitment to helping children find an appreciation of healthy foods through his work with Common Threads, a non-profit he established in 2003, as well as the release of his third cookbook, Back to the Family.
- Round trip airfare and hotel accommodations for three nights and two days in Chicago, Ill.
- Dinner at Chef Smith’s Chicago restaurant, Table Fifty-Two.
- Dinner prepared by the children of Chef Smith’s charitable foundation, Common Threads.
- A spa visit to experience another great way to enjoy organic plants.
- $5,000 prize money to be used by each winner to start or maintain a vegetable garden in her community. The winner must designate a non-profit organization to which the $5,000 prize money will be awarded and with whom the community garden will be planted or improved.
Like this post ~