Monday, December 8, 2008

Holiday Recipe Idea ~ Ultimate Party Meatballs


I don't talk much about food on this blog. That is because I cannot cook to save my life. Luckily (for me & the kiddos) my husband loves to cook. When I was asked recently to take part in a Mom Central blog tour about meatballs, I carefully checked things out to see if this was something I could write about.

It definitely was! Even I can make this awesome recipe! With the holidays here, it is great to have fun, easy recipes that are good to serve to our guests. In recognition of this important season, Heinz and Ocean Spray have teamed up to make a great, easy recipe.

Their Ultimate Party Meatball recipe comes together with two steps and only three ingredients, perfect for a quick party appetizer or to throw together when unexpected guests show up on your doorstep. Heinz and Ocean Spray have also created the Ultimate Party Meatballs website (http://www.ultimatepartymeatballs.com), filled with additional recipes, entertaining tips, and a sweepstakes with a grand prize of $3,000 to throw the ultimate party.

We made this recipe for Thanksgiving and it was a hit with everyone. We are planning on making it again for Christmas. It was really easy to throw together and serve. There is even a slow cooker version!

Ingredients

  • 1 16-ounce can Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
  • 1 12-ounce bottle Heinz® Chili Sauce
  • 1 2-pound bag frozen, pre-cooked, cocktail-size meatballs

Directions

Combine sauces in a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring until smooth. Add meatballs. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally.

Makes 30 appetizer servings.

Slow cooker Preparation: Place meatballs in a slow cooker. Combine sauces and pour over meatballs. Cover and cook 4 hours on HIGH.


You just have to check out the website for more great recipes! I love that you can even search for type of event/party. From holidays, to girls night out to the big game ... You are sure to find a quick, easy and good recipe.

Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

2 comments:

helan said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Barbara

http://www.ipodepot.info

Susan said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan



http://www.car-insurance-choices.com

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...