Saturday, December 27, 2008

Went to see Wicked Today


I went to see Wicked today with my mom at the Detroit Opera House. I had started reading the book awhile ago & just never got past chapter 1. I know I tried really hard right, lol. Last night, I started it again, made it to chapter 2.

I loved the play though. It was well done, great cast, awesome costumes! My mom enjoyed it as well & had a nice time. It is the first time as adults, we went to a play together. She used to go with her mom and sister a lot. She even took my daughter to something.

We got there ok. It helped that Cami was at Children's last week, I felt familiar with Detroit. The worst was that I had to drop my mom at the front door (she is handicapped) & then find parking & walk by myself. This was the first time going to the Detroit Opera house for me. It is beautiful. I think I've been to all the venues in Detroit now.

My favorite part was the dance. I loved the black & white costumes the students were wearing. I tried finding a picture but without success. I also loved the scene when the witch got the lion away. Loved the dancing the students did. I'm going to try and finish the book now. Maybe after seeing it live, I will get into it a bit more.

Oh, and my mom got me the cutest Wicked top. I wanted the Wicked: The Grimmerie, a Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Hit Broadway Musical. It was really cool, but they wanted 50 bucks for it.


Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

6 comments:

Misty said...

It is my favorite show, by far... I'm so jealous you got to see it. If I was still in Detroit, I'd have gone for sure. It's so funny because it was just in Lansing not long ago. Things like that NEVER come to Boise. Anyway... I'm rambling...
I have the grimmerie. Chw got it for me for Christmas a few years ago. It is, by far, still a treasure book of mine. LOVE it... :)
you lucky girl! I just got a Wicked planner for Christmas so I am all the more jealous.

Vickie said...

Ginny, you should definitely read the book. I read it before seeing the show. The show is only a small adaptation of the book; the book is much darker and way more detailed of course. I have seen Wicked 7 times; trying to plan my
8th. It is the most awesome show ever. However, I really got to "know" Elphaba in the book; I see so many similarities between her character and myself. It is an awesome story; just a bit difficult to read for the first few chapters. Once they get to Shiz, it is much easier to stay with it. I think the best part of the book is a middle section entitled City of Emeralds.

Cathi said...

I've been wanting to see Wicked. I was thinking it might be a good first time theater production for our 8-year old grandson to see.

fashion jewelry said...

i think the archive you wirte is very good, but i think it will be better if you can say more..hehe,love your blog,,,

"Deal"icious Mom said...

I too was lucky to see Wicked here in Los Angeles. I loved it. The only way I can say I "read" the book was because I listened to it when I went to sleep each night on audio CD. I love the book. The book really lets you see a whole new side to the Wizard of Oz and the play barely touches on so much of the details that the book gives. I too was entranced by the play and would recommend it to anyone. Thanks for reminding me of what a great experience that was. I am currently listening to the third book - A Lion Among Men - can't say much yet since I just started (it was a christmas gift).

jacker said...

louis vuitton speedy
louis vuitton wallet
louis vuitton purses

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...