Friday, February 6, 2009

Veggie Tales: Abe & the Amazing Promise

If you read my blog, you will probably be surprised to see this review here. My girls are 7 & 11, and somehow I missed the fact that Veggie Tales are religious based kids dvd's. My girls have never watched them so I had no idea.

Through the Family Review Network, I was offered the chance to review the new Veggie Tales: Abe & the Amazing Promise.

About the DVD ~

While on set filming, Bob the Tomato decides to respond to a fan's letter about "waiting", meanwhile everyone's patience is tested by spitting camels, a confused nurse, an easily distracted film crew, and a host of other laughable filming disasters! Join the comical chaos and calamity in Abe and the Amazing Promise that reminds kids that God always keeps his promises . . . even if we have to wait a while!

If you are religious family, then this movie is great. It is about the story of Abraham and Sarah. My daughter actually did not like this dvd. She couldn't get past the religious references. I did have my friends daughter (4) watch it and she thoroughly enjoyed it. Favorite part was the musical mis-adventure Blunders in Boo-Boo-Ville. The dvd also includes the new song, Sneeze if you need to!

Even though this dvd wasn't right for our family, I liked that it is teaching patience to kids which is something most kids and even most adults need to work on. Heck, I even made it my word of the year for 2009! The Veggie tales are funny as well, I think it great when kids programs teach good values through comedy. I definitely would recommend the Veggie Tales dvds to families that believe. Keep an eye out on the Family Review Network for a round up of tons of reviews of this dvd.

You can pre-order Veggie Tales: Abe & the Amazing Promise at Amazon (for $10.49 at time of posting). It will be sold at Christian stores starting February 7th and nationwide February 10th for $14.99. Be sure to check out the Veggie Tales Website as well. It is a great site if you are a Veggie Tales Fan.

Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...