Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Review ~ Exergen TemporalScanner™ infrared thermometer

I hate to admit this, but I haven't had a thermometer that works in years. The doctors get so mad when I can't give a temperature of my girls (with good reason, I know!). I keep meaning to buy one, but it just never happens.

Thankfully, Family Review Network came to my rescue with an amazing campaign for the Exergen TemporalScanner infrared thermometer. I was crossing my fingers, I would get picked for this one, the thermometer is amazing!

From the press release ~

The Exergen TemporalScanner infrared thermometer, which reads a temperature in just two seconds, is available at Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Costco, Babies R Us, Toys R Us and Sam’s Clubs nationwide.

It gives parents a comforting option for taking a temperature. Gentle as a healing hand against a child’s face, the Exergen TemporalScanner gauges body temperature in two seconds by capturing the naturally emitted heat from skin over the temporal artery, which runs across the forehead and is directly connected to the heart via the carotid artery.

The affordable Exergen TemporalScanner infrared thermometer is tested six times for accuracy during manufacture at Exergen’s plant outside of Boston and comes with a one year warranty. Tests show it is accurate to within +0.2ºF—a much more accurate reading than taking the temperature any other way including oral, rectal, axillary (under the arm) and tympanic (in the ear).

It’s also easy to use: Simply depress and hold its soft rubber-coated button and lightly scan across the forehead. A red LED light and soft beep indicate a correct scan. Ergonomically designed of injected molded plastic, the home unit features a high-contrast LCD temperature display, runs on one 9-volt battery (included), and meets and exceeds all regulatory requirements, including FDA, ASTM and UL.

The only thermometer manufactured in the United States, the Exergen Temporal Scanner is also better for the environment, using infrared sensor technology so it contains no mercury (like traditional glass bulb thermometers). The Exergen TemporalScanner also never needs any additional purchases, unlike tympanic thermometers, which necessitate clean plastic probe covers with each new use. It has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of less than $50.


After opening the package, you just insert the battery. Make sure to take off the cover, otherwise you might think your child is dying because there body temperature is so low. Then just press the button, gently put the thermometer on the forehead & Voila you have an accurate temperature.

It is amazing and I am thrilled to own one! I can't recommend this product enough. I used to have one that you stuck in the ear. It was such a pain, you had to hold the ear a certain way, buy covers to use with it, etc. I wish I had this when my girls were squirming babies & toddlers, but am thankful to have it now. I know my doctors will be as well :)

Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Amazon Prime for only $5.99 a Month for Qualifying EBT cardholders

Amazon has a unique program,  Prime Discounted Monthly Offering for qualifying EBT cardholders in the US, prime membership for only $5.99...