Sunday, April 19, 2009

Book Review ~ Mojo Mom

Mojo is that feeling you get when you’re at the top of your game, juggling the kids, life, and your own needs—even for one glorious afternoon. -- Author Amy Tiemann

Before I got pregnant with my oldest, I picked up that ever popular book What to Expect When You're Expecting. Since I was a new mom, I read a few different parenting books while pregnant. I quickly learned that most of those don't really help. I did get a few nuggets of wisdom, but the books tend to only go through one train of thought. I do however enjoy a parenting book every now and then. Especially when they have to deal with my feelings!

In fact, as Amy Tiemann, author of the new book Mojo Mom: Nurturing Your Self While Raising a Family points out, a major question in the face of these drastic changes becomes “Who am I, now that I am a mom?” Amy’s new book provides some answers. A mom herself, Amy has a PhD in Neurosciences from Stanford University, is a spokesperson for Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work® Day, and is an executive team member of Momrising.org. Through seminars and her interactive website mojomom.com, she now dedicates herself to helping women not only make sense of the changes they experience as moms, but also grow and thrive in their own lives. With a focus on self-care, creativity, and leadership, Mojo Mom provides thoughtful solutions and inspiration to help all women become exactly who they want to be. By nurturing themselves and their own unique identities, all women can regain their sense of mojo – even in the face of tantrums, laundry piles, and whatever else motherhood throws our way.

I really enjoyed reading Mojo Mom. I found it a quick fun read, that related to me as a mom. There are hundreds of books that can tell you how to raise a baby. Mojo Mom is a unique guide that helps you make the most of your life as a Mom.

Thanks to MotherTalk for the book to review! For more information on Mojo Mom, check out the books website.

Like this post ~

Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

noVae Clothing ~ Christmas in JULY - 3 days only!

noVae Clothing Christmas in July Sale Up to 91% off and over half of the items are under $5! Like this post ~   Subscribe in a reade...