Learning to tie your shoes is such a huge milestone in kids lives. It can be very difficult as well, so when you find something to help them, then that is wonderful.
With my oldest, we really pushed tying shoes. We bought books, helped her practice, ect. With our second daughter, we honestly didn't think much of it. She is very girly, and she is not big on wearing shoes with laces. She only wears tennis shoes when she has gym, and in the last 3 years she has only owned one pair with laces. Her jazz shoes are such tiny laces, I never even really gave a second thought to tying them for her.
I realized I really need to make sure she knows how to tie her shoes. Luckily when I asked her, she did know how. She still uses the bunny method and is not very comfortable with it. I was excited when I had the chance to try out Tie Buddies with her ~
"Tying your shoes is a small but essential skill, one you use for the rest of your life. Help your little one learn faster with Tie BuddiesTM. These cute, kid-friendly devices act as easy pull-tabs for small hands, taking messy loops out of the equation. The happy characters make a game of it, resulting in a strong knot and evenstronger recall. The happy characters make a game of it, resulting in a strong knot and even stronger recall.
The simple developmental hurdle of shoe tying affects millions of parents and children daily. For many years, shoe tying has been a point of frustration for both parents and children. With 1 slip-ons and hook-and-loop closures, children and parents have postponed the learning of tying shoes. Tie BuddiesTM is a mom-invented product that came about from wanting to give my daughters independence, build their confidence and have fun learning. By eliminating loops, Tie BuddiesTMeliminate the confusion of multiple "holes" where the laces can pass through. There is no other product that stays on the child's shoe giving them independence while re-enforcing the learning process."
Tie BuddiesTM come in 2 fun designs.
Boy - Red and Green Race Cars (Blue Color)
Girl - Fairies and Magic Wand (Pink Color)
We obviously got the adorable Faires and Magic Wands Tie Buddies. They are super easy to use, just follow the instructions. Since they are so adorable, it makes it fun for the kids to use them. They really helped get Cami to finally feel comfortable tying shoes. She does have experience, but they would be a great help even to a kid just starting out.
The Tie Buddies website features two special story ideas you can use to help your child remember the steps.
Buy it ~ Each set retails for $7.95. Visit www.tiebuddies.com for more information.
Win it ~ Visit Tie Buddies and let me know what set you would pick if you are chosen the winner.
Extra entries ~
- I'm trying to get my link out there, so 5 extra entries this time for blogging this contest. You must link to both the contest & my main site to count. It can be an individual post or a round-up style post, as long as you link to both main page and actual contest link. Leave 5 comments to get all 5 entries. If you only want to link to the contest, then you will get 1 extra entries.
- Follow me on twitter & tweet this giveaway.
- Subscribe and/or Follow my blog (Email 2 entries, RSS 1 entry, Follow 1 entry)
- Add my button to your sidebar
- Subscribe or Follow to any of my other blogs (Mom of 2 Dancers, Contest listings, Books, My Creative Life or Getting free from debt)
- Advertise on my Entrecard
- Fav me on Technorati
- Join Swagbucks
Like this post ~